IGNORED

The mindblowing Van den Hul The Extender

semente

Van den Hul The Extender

The Extender produces no sound and is also not a supertweeter. You cannot measure or hear any sound coming from The Extender. The Extender emits a signal which communicates direct with the brain. Limited loudspeakers performance, colored acoustics or even some ear defects are hereby bridged.

These acoustical limitations in the sound reproduction do therefore play no essential role anymore. The sonic effect, after connecting The Extenders, is that the reproduced sound has suddenly natural space Depth, a very high definition and an easy listening.

You have the feeling you are facing the musical performance. You are “live” there what was the aim for the creation of The Extender.

https://www.vandenhul.com/product/the-extender/

The interview is a good laugh... "You're a magician?"

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

7 minutes ago, marce said:

https://www.stereo.net.au/news/van-den-hul-extends-the-notion-of-musicality

https://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/impressions-van-den-hul-the-extender/

Scalar waves or a torsion field generator...

In the spirit of the forum I can only say that these must work and if only I was not an obsessive objective with my nose berried in out of date text books, I would shake of my prejudices and try one of these devices...

Of course if I don't hear any difference then my brain waves are not up to it and my imagination is lacking.

I did read a very good revue by Mr H.C. Anderson in the Dutch HiFI magazine "Kejserens nye klæder".

The interview is so hilarious I ended up watching until the end, a full 20 minutes.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

Why would a Dutch HiFi magazine have a Danish name? 😂

It would be called ‘De nieuwe kleren van de keizer’ in Dutch or ‘The emperor’s new clothes’ in English... 😉

Because I am old and confused and don't have an Extender to ease my demented brain waves... 😀

14 minutes ago, marce said:

Because I am old and confused and don't have an Extender to ease my demented brain waves... 😀

But it was tested by Dutch magazines 9_9

https://www.hifi.nl/artikel/26008/Review-Van-den-Hul-Extender-toekomst-binnen-handbereik.html

Google translate:

'RESUME

A new path has been taken with The Extender. In the words of Van den Hul: "This is indispensable in any good system." I dare not go that far yet, but I am overwhelmed and convinced.

PLUS POINTS

Increased spatial image

No intervention required on the existing system

To be placed on or next to the speakers

Easy in use

Experienced improvement cannot be achieved in any other way

MIN POINTS

Price is hefty

Wooden version optically does not match every speaker

Improvement depending on the quality of the audio system'.

11 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

Complete with a get-out clause: "Dat werkt niet met een huis-tuin-en- keuken systeem, mijn ervaring is dat hoe beter het systeem presteert, des te groter is de invloed van The Extender."

If you don't hear the difference, your system is simply not sufficiently resolving. Maybe if you added some VdH cables...

56 minutes ago, Kimo said:

Would this work well in conjunction with the Extender?

http://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/roomtuning/rr-77.html

Looks serious :

Awards

• 2013 French Magazine2013 French Magazine "Diapason" D`OR Award Gold Medal
  • Audio Accessory Excellence Award 20132013 Audio Accessory Excellence Award
  • MJ Technology of the year 20122012 MJ Technology of the year
  • French Magazine2009 French Magazine "Diapason" D`OR Award Gold Medal
  • U.S Audiophile MagazineU.S Audiophile Magazine "6moon" Blue Moon Award
  • U.S Audiophile Magazine2008 U.S Audiophile Magazine "The Stereo Times" Most Wanted Components Award
  • Audio Excellence Award Prize 2002 for accessories category2002 Audio Excellence Award Top Prize in accessory category

Unfortunately I wasn't able to confirm any of these awards using Google!  :D 

(I just love this style of marketing x-D)

BTW the distributor of the extender is actually located 30km from the place where I live (in a small village where a friend of mine lives) and they have a very nice demo rooms and gear selection so I might be tempted to visit them some day and to 'hear' the device in person..

If I come to the conclusion that everyone should own the Extender, I promise to report on my impressions..