IGNORED

Pro cabling for audiophile systems

Kimo

I found Mogami Gold RCA cables compressed the soundstage in my main system, compared to Cardas Neutral Reference and Iridium.

I had no preference between Cardas Neutral Reference RCA and Yorkville DLX XLR (pro) interconnects feeding my Hafler HA15 headphone amp. Of course there's more involved in this comparison than just cables.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/15/2019 at 12:33 PM, audiobomber said:

I found Mogami Gold RCA cables compressed the soundstage in my main system, compared to Cardas Neutral Reference and Iridium.

I've now tried the 3' Mogami Gold in two more settings:

1. Between a passive preamp and miniDSP 2x4 feeding my subs

2. Between my Korg DAC and Asgard 2 headphone amp.

I didn't like it in either situation, it sounded loose and a bit dirty. In the headphone system, I replaced it with an old Meitner Cryo cable. In the sub circuit, I replaced with a dirt cheap but very well made Impact Acoustics Sonicwave cable. Both tightened up the bass and cleaned up the mids and highs. The Gold is very well made and nicely flexible but I am not impressed. 

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

• 4 months later...
On 12/15/2019 at 12:33 PM, audiobomber said:

I had no preference between Cardas Neutral Reference RCA and Yorkville DLX XLR (pro) interconnects feeding my Hafler HA15 headphone amp. Of course there's more involved in this comparison than just cables.

I replaced the Yorkville Sound DLX cables in my headphone system with their Studio One version, which is only a few dollars more, and sounds smoother. I can't find any fault with these cables at all. I borrowed a friend's crazy expensive Cardas Golden Reference XLR cables and prefer the Studio Ones for their neutrality.