IGNORED

Pro cabling for audiophile systems

Kimo

I used to be a sucker of Expensive cables like Siltech, Argento, etc until I bought a pair of FM Acoustics XLR interconnects.  They are not cheap, but relatively inexpensive compared to other big names. By its look, you can mistake it from $5 cable, but don't be fooled by its appearance, it replaced a pair of Argento FMR XLR in my system 🙂 I heard their speaker cables are also very good but FM products are extremely rare in used market, and people tend to just keep them.

26 minutes ago, Kimo said:

They are pretty rare in the new market as well.  At least in the USA.  Quick google search didn't provide much.  From my own experience, I would certainly agree with them on phono cables and specificity, per what I read on the FM site.  

I have a pair of Supra EFF cables in for comparison to the Grimm.  They cost a bit more, but the company has been making cables forever, and the pricing is still cheap by audiophile standards.  

Will see how they compare with the Vovox, as well.  

FM gears are super rare in all markets.  I am fortunate to own a 245 pre-amp (the best solid state pre-amp I have heard) and 800A amp.  If you never own an FM product I'd strongly suggest you obtain one and you will understand why they are so highly regarded.

9 minutes ago, Kimo said:

I have not.  I am using their speaker cable, however, and it is a very inexpensive option.

To date, I have been very happy with the Grimm TPR.  The Vovox Sonorus was also good, if a little different, but the lack of shielding was a concern.  Sometimes it felt as if the extra detail was a product of a touch of RF.

So far, the Supra EFF is a little different from the Grimm and Vovox.  The Grimm has been the biggest and warmest in the lower midrange and bass.  These are all between 100.00 and 200.00 for a 2 meter pair, so I think that they are good value. 

Even the Livewire Essential cable I have sounds fine.  The others just seem to offer a bit more. 

I'd like to try these brands, given the current economic situation it probably make sense to explore toward the lower end of the spectrum. Where can I buy them?