IGNORED

Article: Guest Editorial: Why did audio stop being about audio?

14 hours ago, vmartell22 said:

Indeed - lemme try to summarize in this context - because you have a point

1.- I think the general idea of the editorial is that audiophiles are requesting the same respect that, let's say, the wine hobby/industry - That is, if I hear it (or taste it) then that's it, that is my take on it and I am contributing valuable insights. Because ( and hope I  am not wrong) that seems to be the general aim of the audiophile practice (at least the subjective one, which seems to include most of the industry and its consumers).  Might add, though, that wine industry is also on very iffy grounds: 

v

Thank you for your full post, generously written. I understand your position and sympathise with much of the same. There is much value in understanding others point of view (essential in fact). Would love to fill out my take on this subject more fully but just don't have time at present.... have a good day.

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

4 hours ago, firedog said:

and observe what I hope will be the growth of a corrective force.

We live in hope... at least I do. 

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

5 hours ago, esldude said:

The worst? You get the entire high end snake oil industry.  Not all high end is snake oil, but these days the overwhelming majority of it is.  It is in the millions of dollars of fraudulent product.  Maybe it is like non-prescription boner supplements.  I don't see it as a good thing.  I mean maybe the people buying that are convincing themselves and having the best kind of fun.  So does it sound like praise or a compliment or a good goal to say much of the subjectivist based audio industry is just as good as Enzyte?

We have Enzyte Bob, and we have MQA Bob.  Maybe they are about equal.

I think your scenario is extremely far fetched. 

I also see no objective data that an “overwhelming majority” of the industry is snake oil. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, tapatrick said:

We live in hope... at least I do. 

The corrective force quote was ARQ, not me.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

31 minutes ago, firedog said:

The corrective force quote was ARQ, not me.

understood... 👍

I was responding to the broadest sense of the term and corrective being benevolent..

9 minutes ago, Iving said:

Leaving aside insistence on opposition - you really think discussing Heads means more than discussing Tails?

More pain?

No thanks

It *was* better than TV - but now 20 pages later it isn't.

Why would you rather suppress a differing point of view, rather than simply skip over it if you are not interested?

Just because the church's Canon is all you wish to read doesn't mean that this is true for everyone else.

3 minutes ago, wgscott said:

Why would you rather suppress a differing point of view, rather than simply skip over it if you are not interested?

Just because the church's Canon is all you wish to read doesn't mean that this is true for everyone else.

What nonsense

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I think your scenario is extremely far fetched. 

I also see no objective data that an “overwhelming majority” of the industry is snake oil. 

What Big Crazy?  Nothing to see here, move along move along...

You know Chris, I halfway expect you to soon start arguing that the labels are good corporate citizens, well run, and have the best interests of the artists and consumers at heart...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!