IGNORED

Article: Guest Editorial: Why did audio stop being about audio?

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Sometimes I wish everyone would get a thicker skin and not be outraged so easily. We have a global community with countless different native languages and personal backgrounds from tons of cultures. Perhaps we should also give people a break and the benefit of the doubt. 

Well, at least we can console ourselves in the knowledge that much of that outrage is of the faux variety.

4 minutes ago, joelha said:

Please name s single line or paragraph you find as offensive or even close to being as offensive as if I made a personal negative reference about you.

Joel

The ones I highlighted in bold-face.

(Yes, I get that you don't -- or at least pretend not to -- see it that way.  But that, too, is the point.)

7 minutes ago, joelha said:

Sorry, I'm missing the point.

If you want to take me up on my challenge, please do and show me the specific text you're referring to.

Joel

The bit quoted here, especially that which I set in bold-faced:

But let me add that I am glad you formulated your position in this way, because it gives invaluable insight into how at least one "subjectivist" proponent sees the opposition.

5 minutes ago, joelha said:

All I get is a link back to the article.

Sorry, but I still don't see it.

Joel

The BB auto-formats the link I fed it.  If you click the "wgscott replied to a topic" link just above where it says "52 minutes ago", you will get the post.  In it, I highlighted the specific text.  It might be easier for me just to do it again.

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 9.32.11 AM.png

It is the same thing I think as what Chris (correctly) identified as being problematic.

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I think everyone should see value in his honest editorial. If one doesn't agree at least it shows the reasoning and thought process of someone who doesn't think like you. It's all valuable. 

I agree with that, completely (and said so, above).

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Given this is the lucrative world of niche online publishing, I expect to be swimming in my gold coins, a la Scrooge McDuck, later this evening because of this editorial. Honestly, I don't even take Bill's speculation seriously. 

OK, maybe it is merely because it is entertaining to periodically stir up the animals, especially when 11 months of winter have returned...  

As someone else mentioned, it sure beats TV.

9 minutes ago, Iving said:

Leaving aside insistence on opposition - you really think discussing Heads means more than discussing Tails?

More pain?

No thanks

It *was* better than TV - but now 20 pages later it isn't.

Why would you rather suppress a differing point of view, rather than simply skip over it if you are not interested?

Just because the church's Canon is all you wish to read doesn't mean that this is true for everyone else.