IGNORED

Article: Guest Editorial: Why did audio stop being about audio?

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The world isn’t black & white. Your use of the term, and accusations of, lying is serious. 

Your vitriol toward audio companies must be caused by something larger than audio. Nobody in their right mind would care this much if there wasn’t a fear of something, jealousy, or something else at play. 

That's clear-eyed, honest, and a breath of fresh air, Chris. Change the word "companies" to "writers" or "magazines" and direct the observation toward a half-dozen or so participants on a very few Audiophile Style forums and you'll be taking an even more principled stand. Manufacturers help keep AS afloat; TAS and Stereophile and Michael Lavorgna and Lee Scoggins and John Darko are merely competitors. Unfounded claims of dishonesty and unethical behavior should be no more acceptable with these targets, even if you disagree vociferously with what they have to say. "…a fear of something, jealousy, or something else at play" ?  I'd say so.

2 hours ago, Albrecht said:

Who is a journalist? And what is the definition of a "journalist?" I am questioning whether or not you understand that no one who writes for Audiophile Magazines or writes reviews or product announcements for any type of music playback equipment is a "journalist:" but an audio "enthusiast." Think music or film reviewer.

Agree completely.

Hopefully, an enthusiast with experience and expertise.

2 hours ago, Albrecht said:

5 minutes ago, crenca said:

Sometimes I wonder, are you really this hard core?  Victim shaming by the confidence man?!  Can the trade publication machine really be this anti-consumer?  You don't want civil "enthusiast communities", at least not ones that are not cuckold to your purposes.

Sorry, I really don't know what you're talking about.

Andy Quint