Stream Wavpack-losslesly-compressed-DSD files

For some time now, Wavpack has been able to losslessly compress DSF files to approx. 60%.

I have read that Foobar with SACD plugin 1.04 or later can play these files as “native” DSD.

Two questions:

(1) Is it possible for Foobar to stream these as native DSD to HQPlayer embedded?

(2) Anyone knows of other software players that are able to do this?

22 hours ago, bodiebill said:

(1) Is it possible for Foobar to stream these as native DSD to HQPlayer embedded?

No - neither of the two UPnP streaming foobar2000 plugin components (foo_upnp & foo_out_upnp) support native DSD, never mind Wavpack.

We will win because our NHS is the beating heart of this country. It is the best of this country. It is unconquerable. It is powered by love.

-- Boris Johnson

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

12 hours ago, bodiebill said:

Thanks Cebolla!

Would it be able to stream DoP?

Yes, the foo_out_upnp plugin can. You also have the option of sending it to the UPnP renderer as a raw LPCM stream or contained in either a WAV or FLAC file stream.

Make sure the SACD plugin's Output Mode is not set to PCM and that you've selected the DSD prefixed version of the UPnP renderer (rather than the plain UPnP renderer) as foobar2000's output device, with the Output data format set to 24-bit; otherwise the DSD output will actually be converted to PCM rather than embedded in PCM as DoP.

We will win because our NHS is the beating heart of this country. It is the best of this country. It is unconquerable. It is powered by love.

-- Boris Johnson

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

1 hour ago, bodiebill said:

Thanks. And indeed, I got it to work yesterday with JRiver!

With Clearsound do you mean clearsound.club? I can't find any download link or useful info there.

clearsound.club has buttons and links for downloading 8 trial players, but these versions support only the most common formats. However, you can order a player with a wide variety of functionality, including Wavpack DSD streaming.

Nevertheless, I believe that it is cheaper and easier to double the volume of a drive than to significantly increase computer performance.