1. Sting All this time 44.1khz/16bit

2. Sara Bareilles -Live at the Variety Playhouse 96khz/24 bit

3. Jason Mraz Love is a 4 Letter Word/96khz/24bit

4. John Denver An Evening With 

Sonic Improvements..

A. Cleaner HiFreq

B. Hall Acoustics Clearer with superior deprh , location and Body 

C. Bass more impactful and reaches lower

D. Mids more expressive - Central pisitioningbof Vocals more evident with clean Body Position and Depth

Dont walk Run and grab a micro SD downliad Configure and Run it.👍👏👏 to SOTM finally

Have to check this evening. But I am sure I was on 4.26. FYI I use HQPlayer NAA mode. So YMMV if you are on Roon or DLNA etc

I have been doing more testing since my post. Besides the sweeter, higher Hifreq, Thumping subwoofer like bass on my Abyss AB1266 phi /cc, the feel that each instrument or vocal has now a bubble of body/air around it is so fantastic, I just cannot stop listening. It is a GREAT upgrade to the Eunhasu OS. You must upgrade asap

15 hours ago, kelvinwsy said:

Have to check this evening. But I am sure I was on 4.26. FYI I use HQPlayer NAA mode. So YMMV if you are on Roon or DLNA etc

I have been doing more testing since my post. Besides the sweeter, higher Hifreq, Thumping subwoofer like bass on my Abyss AB1266 phi /cc, the feel that each instrument or vocal has now a bubble of body/air around it is so fantastic, I just cannot stop listening. It is a GREAT upgrade to the Eunhasu OS. You must upgrade asap

Your experience mirrors mine!

The sound is superb.

I too use HQPlayer NAA only. Switched from 4.6 which used NAA version 3.5.7 to 4.7 which uses NAA version 3.6. I did not perceive any difference in sound quality after the upgrade which makes senses after reading what 4.7 changes were. Both versions sound wonderful on my system...no complaints here.  I have a very high-resolving system and run 4 subs, no preamp, direct connection from a Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro DAC to a Neurochrome Modulus 686 amplifier.

3 hours ago, cdwinans said:

"and grab a micro SD download"   Where does one get the firmware updates?  I'm sitting with a dead sms 200 ultra and I can't figure out how to get the ****.gz download.  Thanks in advance.

http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:burn_sdcard_image

For my system, it is only on for the weekend. So switching on the NAA booting up and setting up Audiolinux is a pain for me. With SOTM, I power it up on Friday evening and the DAC and SOTM Ultra Neo is powered on for the whole weekend. No messing about with the settings. Even my HQPlayer Server is Win2019 core mode. Just a 1 command on Taskmgr, cancel 4 unnecessary processes and HQPlayer is playing. So much more simple operation. Just did not like all that CMD line messing about with Audiolinux when I tried Audiolinux ramroot and all that.

For my musical tastes SOTM SM200 Ultra sounded warmer with more body to the vocals and instruments. Yes it was a little less airy up to 4.26 version of Eunhasu. With 4.7, all I can say is WOW! It has all of the precision of Audiolinux for sonic images add on to the original SOTM warm sound with body ONLY now everything is reinforced.

The Sound is simply marvellous. 

So all fellow SOTM Ultra users Enjoy!

Happy Listening

A simple method to avoid problems with the Ultra/Neo. I keep at least 5 microsd's with versions of Eunhasu going back to 4.21.

Also to avoid bricking the SOTM unit, NEVER NEVER mess with withdrawing or inserting the micro SD with the unit plugged into the DC power source.

Safety  is always paramount and sequencing of memory card operations is always depending on managing the power on/off cycle.

• 4 weeks later...

"and grab a micro SD download" ... my first upgrades so I have a question:

I've upgraded my Eunhasu software to 4.7 (and upgraded to the latest kernel) from the UI...

My understanding is that microSD is used for firmware upgrades only, and currently the firmware

version is v0.2.6 (https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/the-latest-firmware/)

This thread seems to suggest that Eunhasu app should be upgraded to v4.7 via microSD?

Is that required to get a new firmware, too?

Thanks!

On 12/24/2019 at 1:19 AM, kelvinwsy said:

Also to avoid bricking the SOTM unit, NEVER NEVER mess with withdrawing or inserting the micro SD with the unit plugged into the DC power source.

Safety  is always paramount and sequencing of memory card operations is always depending on managing the power on/off cycle.

Wow. Does that actually brick the SOtM device itself, or simply corrupt the micro SD memory card (as could happen to other micro SD card dependant devices if you didn't shutdown properly, eg Raspberry Pi)?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think there was a sonic upgrade after 4.81, but I would suggest to upgrade anyway; V4.91 is very stable in my system, V4.81 was a mess.

https://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:burn_sdcard_image

Also make sure to select 100BaseT in the System Setup menu for best sound.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

4.91 is the most reliable FW in three years for me, but I am use MPD/DLNA exclusively.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

On 6/3/2020 at 9:21 PM, audiobomber said:

Also make sure to select 100BaseT in the System Setup menu for best sound.

This is very important.  I reboot 3 times Eunhasu to make sure.  For me, 100BaseT has a calmer, cleaner and clearer sound.

My HiFi: HTPC, AudioQuest USB cable, Berkeley Alpha USB, Nordost Valhalla AES / EBU, Berkeley Alpha DAC, AudioQuest Amazon IC, Ayon Croassfire II SET integrated amplifier, Nordost Valhalla speaker cable, DIY 3 way Accuton ceramic speakers, Nordost Valhalla power cords.

On 6/11/2020 at 8:34 PM, Abyss Man said:

Is anyone having problems with Eunhasu player? I cannot start libre spot. It just hangs. Roon ready does the same but it works after refreshing the player. I’m on 4.91

My SD card was corrupted and as reported earlier, please do not unplug the SD card with the power on. That was the reason why the Euhansu player went bonkers.

Thank you May, as usual, excellent technical advise and sfater sales service.

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2020 at 1:34 PM, Abyss Man said:

Is anyone having problems with Eunhasu player? I cannot start libre spot. It just hangs. Roon ready does the same but it works after refreshing the player. I’m on 4.91

I'm having the same issue but with HQPlayer. Absolutely cannot get it to start no matter what I do

https://youtube.com/goldensound

Roon -> HQPlayer -> SMS200 Ultra/SPS500 -> Holo Audio May (Wildism Edition) -> Holo Audio Serene (Wildism Edition) -> Benchmark AHB2 -> Hifiman Susvara