IGNORED

Keces P8 vs P3 LPS to power Sotm 200 and Bonn N8 switch

Hi,

My goal is to power a Sotm 200(12V), Zappiti One SE 4K HDR(12V) and a Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch(5V/1A).

The P8 seems perfect because it can power 2 devices at 12V and one at 5v. But I don't know if that 5v/1A USB port can be used to power the Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch.

I have the following question:

It is possible to power a Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch from the USB power port(5V/1A) of the Keces P8 LPS?

- If it is possible, will USB "power quality" be worst than supply directly from the normal DC outputs of the Keces P8?

- If it isn't possible, I will only power two devices(Sotm 200 and Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch). In this case the P8 worth the extra 300€ compared to the P3?

Thank you in advance.

On 12/7/2019 at 8:08 AM, mnuno10 said:

Hi,

My goal is to power a Sotm 200(12V), Zappiti One SE 4K HDR(12V) and a Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch(5V/1A).

The P8 seems perfect because it can power 2 devices at 12V and one at 5v. But I don't know if that 5v/1A USB port can be used to power the Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch.

It is possible to power a Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch from the USB power port(5V/1A) of the Keces P8 LPS?

- If it is possible, will USB "power quality" be worst than supply directly from the normal DC outputs of the Keces P8?

- If it isn't possible, I will only power two devices(Sotm 200 and Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch). In this case the P8 worth the extra 300€ compared to the P3?

Thank you in advance.

I don't think the USB port will work for the Bonn N8.  I have the Keces P8 and its user manual states: USB Output provide DC 5V/1A. Directly power DC5V based USB DAC.  So it appears that the USB output is designed for a USB DAC.  I could be wrong, however, so perhaps others will have a comment.

On 12/7/2019 at 8:08 AM, mnuno10 said:

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

I think I am wrong about the ability of the USB port to power a 5V switch.  I just saw this from a user: "The USB output can be tapped using dual-head USB cables, or get an adapter from Keces USA to work with low power equipment."  So perhaps Keces USA can provide an adapter to power the Bonn N8.