IGNORED

UpTone EtherRegen measured. It's a switch.

2 minutes ago, Superdad said:

I find it very strange that skeptics talk themselves into not hearing things which are so very easy to hear.

We sell with a 30-day money-back guarantee, we don't advertise, and yet almost nobody ever returns our products (less than 1%), and they keep buying more. About 48% of our business is from return clients, and most all we get is praise.  So if your ears are clogged, don't blame me. :P

I find it even stranger that I've offered to cover your $1000 side of a bet so you can walk away with $9000.

So if your ears are so clogged you can't bag an easy $9K....

4 minutes ago, Superdad said:

I don't want your money and I don't need to prove anything to you.

Oh good grief, here you go again with that.  I do blind tests all the time. What I said in that one post was not an invitation. I'd sooner hack off my own toe than to invite Amir or you into my home.

Lol. I said we could do that at Axpona. Your product is a sham.

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I agree 100%. 

While he is likely not attempting to conduct rigorous tests, his believers certainly use his results as definitive answers and ammunition with which to assassinate anyone who isn't in the cult.

Patently not true. What a lot of us are looking for is a manufacturer to say:

No these are the wrong tests. Here are the tests we used internally and here is how you replicate them.

OK, maybe that's a bit too harsh. However, the measurements at ASR are created to be used as weapons against those who Amir doesn't have business or personal relationships with. 

Again not true. The measurements are the measurements. If you've a problem then out measure him or prove is wrong, incomplete, inconclusive.

You will never see Amir measure  a current production Berkeley Audio Design product, compare it to a $100 DAC that measures equally as good, and excoriate Berkeley Audio Design. It won't happen. Those who admire his work should ask him why he is playing favorites, publishing results that only effect people that aren't in his inner circle. 

What's your point here Chris? He's measured scores of DAC's now, many of them a fraction of the price of a Berkeley product that he recommends.

You're painting a picture of conflict of interest where none exists.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK excellent. Was the test methodology one rigorous enough or standard so it could determine audibility outside this specific test run on this specific hardware under these specific conditions?

It's both a start and better than anything I've seen from any vendor of any purported Audiophile Switch.

These are buffered systems that you can start play back on and pull the Network Cable out of and still continue play.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

What if the DAC used for testing has similar technology to the EtherRegen making it immune to its claimed benefits? Does anyone know more about this?

That's why a Schiit Modi 2 was also tested. It's a DAC known for it's demonstrably flawed input and even that the needle didn't move on it when driven. Or is the computer used to drive the Modi 2 have similar technology to the EtherRegen?

18 minutes ago, Indydan said:

Amir, Plissken and mansr all have a huge hate boner against Uptone Audio. It's just incredible, the time and effort they spend to attack this company.

Not at all.

As a matter of fact I created a thread here about the ISO Regen improving the Schiit Modi 2 output. Now on other competently designed DAC's the proper isolation and filtering was already there.

Also it was Amir that did that measurement.

40 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

OMG, I guess I need to look at this. He tested a DAC without Ethernet input, to test the effects, if any, of an Ethernet "regen?" Please tell me how this makes any sense. 

Here is the product page for the EtherRegen. You show us where it's only intended purpose is for a Streamer and not a head end computer feeding a DAC over USB.

Here is what I'm refering to:

"  Across the ADIM, at the other end of the EtherREGEN, is a single 100Mbps copper Ethernet port. This is the ‘B’-side port. Attach the computer/streamer/renderer endpoint that is directly connected to your DAC*to the ‘B’-side Ethernet port with a copper Ethernet cable. "

That's how i made sense of it. But then again that's just me.

Lets take your OMG one step further: You have a class of device in mind. Which one would you like tested?  How about something like a $100 or $200 Roku. You know something that most likely has the cheapest, bean counter, ethernet implementation known to mankind.

29 minutes ago, Blake said:

If Amir is telling his readers the ER does nothing, it seems to me, without doing the controlled listening test with independent, unbiased listeners, then his conclusion should, at a minimum, be taken with a grain of salt. 

If the ER does something, it seems to me, without doing the controlled listening test with independent, unbiased listeners, then their claim should, at a minimum, be taken with a grain of salt. 

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Wow. I wrongly assumed that the testing methodology used an Ethernet cable from the ER straight to a DAC's Ethernet input. Placing a computer in between the ER and the DAC seems to me to be crazy, if one wants to isolate variables. I would never make a conclusion based on this information. 

it's UpTones own marketing speak Chris! How can you be so obtuse?!

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I hadn't read that bolded information about the ER. Interesting. However, don't you think someone running a test of a device would want to eliminate as many variable as possible.

Sauce that is good on goose is equally good on gander.

Thanks for the admission that you have been making talking points without any real research of what I and some others are actually talking about.

You can't back-peddle that a computer is a variable to eliminate when it's one of the variables the ER is supposed to correct for. It's a variable to test, not to eliminate.

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

and the fact that this test used the most convoluted signal path imaginable

He went from Switch to Streamer. How's that convoluted?

I don't know about everyone here but my home network needs cannot be a router to a 5 port switch.

2 minutes ago, Jud said:

In the UpTone sponsored forum you can find them stating that having a general purpose computer between ER and DAC is not an optimal configuration.

So the online forum is to trump their product page?

One you have to sift through pages and pages and one it's right there. Jud that's a stretch.