IGNORED

UpTone EtherRegen measured. It's a switch.

34 minutes ago, mansr said:

For whatever it's worth, I don't seen any signs of gameplay here.

I have no basis to assume anything wrong with the measurements themselves - I don't have the technical knowledge to judge. I note @Miska's comment about digital silence, but I don't know whether the particular DACs used in the testing behave in the way he describes, or precisely how the measurements were done.

Beyond the measurements there's a fair amount of unconfirmed innuendo regarding EMI radiation of an item that is labeled as being within acceptable parameters in that regard, and how operating temperature might relate to expected life, something UpTone clarified in advance of sale (that the unit runs hot, that this is within design parameters, and it is not expecting to shorten the operating life of the ER). To me this is innuendo and out the other (🙂), but it looks intended to insinuate rather than inform. It doesn't make the measurements inaccurate, but it does seem clearly indicative of bias.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 minute ago, plissken said:

I don't know about everyone here but my home network needs cannot be a router to a 5 port switch.

I don't recall anyone saying the ER and a single router could meet everybody's entire home network needs, so I'm guessing UpTone is comfortable not serving the segment of the market that would require it. 🙂

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.