IGNORED

UpTone EtherRegen measured. It's a switch.

4 minutes ago, opus101 said:

the ER is designed to connect to a DAC but not designed to connect to a DAC solely connected to an AP, rather a DAC going on to an amp or pre-amp then amp. System details do matter and Amir's system wasn't representative of a typical use case.

If the DAC output is different depending on whether or not it's connected to an amp or pre-amp, isn't that a fault of the DAC and orthogonal to whether or not the ER does anything - or have I missed something?

4 minutes ago, luisma said:

So yes, since he is not playing music the devices tested and the testing itself is not completely exact

Is it just me that finds an amusing irony in this criticism of the test method?  At least the test was done and the method and results were published...

5 minutes ago, Blackmorec said:

Again I’m no expert in these matters but if I were looking to see if a device removed noise, i would inject a known quantity of noise into the device and look what comes out.

Indeed.  What kind of noise would you propose to inject into the switch, and how would you generate it?

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The same goes for this testing. I'm sure there are many holes that laymen don't see, but I don't believe those who are out to get UpTone would ever mention them. 

Fair enough.  I'm a layman so I don't see them.  But shouldn't there also be experts not "out to get UpTone" who would point them out?