IGNORED

UpTone EtherRegen measured. It's a switch.

This topic is amusing at best

1. Side A - ASR followers, taken numbers into account without considering the testing methodology just the numbers and results

2. Side B - AS loyal followers which will share subjective opinions on which switch sounds best

3. Side C - People with common sense which won't follow either one of the above and just their knowledge and logic. These are the few, I have seen @One and a half and @Miska to state that Amir's methodology might be flawed since he is only playing tones and common sense makes me to concur with them as I kind of think the same based on previous testing he (Amir) have done with other products.

The best analogy I can find in real life related to this topic is religion, some believe this some believe that some believe nothing

Just now, pkane2001 said:

Common sense can lead you astray. "Only playing tones" is exactly what a DAC does when playing music. There's nothing wrong with testing using "tones".

I quite differ, common sense based on scientific knowledge IMO leads you right, FYI I was referring to "one" tone not actual music with "full spectrum", and I used the plural "tones" because the tone he played technically has a bandwidth which comprehend other "smaller" sub tones on the slopes.

So yes, since he is not playing music the devices tested and the testing itself is not completely exact

8 minutes ago, thumb5 said:

At least the test was done and the method and results were published...

and that is great I am not criticizing Amir at all, I think it is good what he is doing, but if you are going to do scientific testing it has to be "rigorous", don't you think it could have been more strict? unless someone here proves that it doesn't matter and that his testing is absolutely correct (with facts no assumptions) in which case I personally will retract from my "common sense" and "scientific knowledge" statement. Don't get me wrong I have the uttermost respect for what Amir's does it is just he could do that more convincing simulating an actual experiment.

Or the power he is using when testing, does he uses a power conditioner, is it always the same temperature, maybe Alex's switch works well for people subjected to noisy environments but some other people who lives in the middle of nowhere with no noise pollution (EMI/RFI noise) won't benefit from it. I honestly think it is hard to say.