IGNORED

UpTone EtherRegen measured. It's a switch.

4 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Perhaps Amir is financially backed by plissken who can afford to do so ,due to all the  bets that he has won with Audiophiles  ? :)

Perhaps yes but it really does not matter. If you think that there is something obviously wrong in Amir's testing methodology just point it out! By the way, I am completely missing the context of this thread: who are Amir and plissken?  

1 hour ago, opus101 said:

I don't have a view on what he should have done without knowing his intention. If I were the one testing the ER I'd not be using an AP on the output of an attached DAC, perhaps an SA (spectrum analyser) with tracking generator would be a starting point.

Assuming that the aim of the test was to support or to confute the claim that replacing a standard switch with an ER switch has a positive impact on the output of DACs, there is no logical flaw in the test. It is of course possible that the DAC(s) used and/or the testing procedure or the instrument downstream the DAC(s) were inappropriate. But, logically speaking, the test is correct. Has anybody by the way tried to reproduce Amir's results?

Just to put things in a perspective: I am a very happy user of UpTone Audio products (JS-2 and LPS-1.2) but I do not rely on wired Ethernet connections in my system. I'm following this thread just for the sake of curiosity: whether the ER has a positive impact on the output of a DAC or no impact is something I do not really care. 

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If you don't see flaws, it shouldn't then follow that there aren't any and that the conclusions are 100% valid. 

That's correct. But, by the same argument, it also doesn't follow that there are some flaws, does it? You are certainly right in pointing out the potential danger of blindly accepting the results of measurements or of other empirical investigations like listening tests. But your posts strongly suggest that you believe that the results presented in "Audio Science Review" are flawed or irrelevant. If this is the case, why don't you explain why do you believe so? What do you think is actually wrong with those results? 

25 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

For the most part yes. I have an issue with conclusions made from the measurements. I'm willing to give ASR the benefit of the doubt that those are the measurement Amir came up with. I'm not willing to believe the procedure isn't flawed like some of his other measurements. I just don't have the skills, time, and equipment to refute it. This doesn't make me wrong and it doesn't make me right. What it does for me is cause me to be very cautious about making conclusions based on anything from ASR. 

It is true that the language and, up to a certain extent, the results shown on ASR (not only for the EtherREGEN) do not inspire much trust. But this does not imply that they are flawed. The tests also seem quite straightforward and not very different from those that can be found on other sites. Assuming honesty and accuracy, I do not see obvious flaws in the methodology. If there are obvious ones, I expect UpTone Audio to point out such flaws and to provide more rigorous or more relevant measurements. So far, this has not happened.