IGNORED

Article: Lumin X1 Review

6 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Thanks Archimago. I figure that the more information I can provide to readers, the better they can evaluate my evaluation of components. 

A reviewer suggesting a component has great bass, while his room is +20 dB at 100 Hz, is a disservice if he doesn’t disclose that spike in frequency. 

I was originally just going to publish my room response without any correction. That is until I heard what correction can do. 

Lastly, enabling and disabling this DSP is done with the press of a button. I’m not locked into using it if I suspect something isn’t right. Also, I give myself sanity checks frequently by A/B’ing the sound and listening to it both ways. 

Yup, it's nice in Roon to be able to easily select various presets.

BTW, here's what my presets looks like these days:

Roon_Presets_for_DRC.thumb.png.4b19f4e87b495a5f0a8a2779c982cf84.png

I do have a "FLAT Room Curve" if the need arises but for the most part will listen with the B&K room curve. Then there are the "Harshness Dip" variants. Regardless, IMO any of these variants would sound more controlled than without the room correction and provide a standard reference!

Archimago's Musings: A "more objective" take for the Rational Audiophile.

Beyond mere fidelity, into immersion and realism.

:nomqa: R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.