IGNORED

Tekton Ulfberht 3.1 System

1 hour ago, Shimei said:

So far so good but in the event they start clawing the grills I'll replace the speaker cloth with a metal mesh. 

Bass heavy? No, bass, mid, highs etc are in proportion [flat]. Does the bass get really loud? Yes, but in proportion to the midrange and highs. I may build a custom rack and move the subwoofer and add 3 more 4-10s for a total of 16 ten inch subwoofers. 

Below certain frequencies @coot sound is not directional as you probably know. I've only had this system set up now for a few days. I'll be experimenting with placement and sound absorption such as bass traps in the corner. As for now the AccuEQ built into the Onkyo Pre-amp "sounds" as though it is doing a fine job. Later on I'll do some manually tweaking but for now I'm just acclimating to the towers whose sound will change as the speakers break in. 

Enjoy!

And thanks for your inquiry,

William

Looks like an amazing setup. I've always wanted to hear Tektons but don't have anywhere I could audition them. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, Shimei said:

Finally pulled the grills off for some dusting. Pictures of Tekton's "battleship mode". 

20200219_094218.jpg.ab72cb4f2cb1abf7380d71de4669cef2.jpg

20200219_094331.jpg.97ecea121196603904cf548444f834e1.jpg

I've always wanted to hear some Tektons. Like the concept. Your system looks insane without the grills.  Like you got it from the Borg Collective from Star Trek (and I mean insane in a good way!). 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)