IGNORED

Lee Scoggins Now President and EVP at NextScreen

35 minutes ago, Archimago said:

Well, maybe this is a good thing since we kind of know among the publishing groups approximately where the lines are drawn.

If one is into all-out Industry fraternization, obfuscation, willingness to forego facts and truths, accept spiritual levels of explanation applied to audio gear, have a "president" willing to unabashedly shill publicly then NextScreen Publishing Group is it and Mr. Scoggins is your man. The Absolute Sound, Hi-Fi+, and his alma mater Part-Time Audiophile are the places to go for this kind of indoctrination "news".

On the other side we have AVTech Media with Stereophile, Hi-Fi News & RR, Sound & Vision with IMO at least the ability to provide reality-testing. While I have no love for AudioStream and InnerFidelity is a disaster since Tyll's departure, at least there's significantly more on the AVTech side of value IMO...

Then we have the Independents like us here with various opinions and philosophies. Will be fascinating to see how these publishing groups play out through the 2020's.

Lee is certainly going to make the Los Angeles & Orange County Audio Society Gala fun this weekend. And I have Lee Scoggins, Jim Austin and Art Dudley right where I want them. Imagine the joy in my heart when I texted Andy Quint and said you work for Lee now. Andy posted his congratulations on TAS.    I will introduce my girlfriend to Michhael Fremer as the Lee Scoggins of Stereophile at the Gala.

Now that Lee is President, he can start denying he knows guys he's been photographed with at audio shows.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

12 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

Is his new position a step up or down?

Did his pay go up or go down?

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

8 minutes ago, mansr said:

What about his smugness?

Don't see it going down.  So I'll guess it goes up.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

On 12/4/2019 at 1:28 AM, Archimago said:

Will be fascinating to see how these publishing groups play out through the 2020's.

Unless that's what you'd call the motion of a rock falling off a cliff, I'm not certain "fascinating" is the word I'd use here. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but the younger generation of audiophiles seems, to me, to have been brought up on HydrogenAudio much more than on .mp3, and seem to be better vaccined against snake oil, maybe because they weren't exposed to new age bullshit like boomers were. Plus, they can't afford it anyway.

I am curious how much inroads generationally attuned woo-mongers like Darko are going to be able to make, though.

• 3 years later...

PRESS RELEASE

March 28, 2023

Austin, Texas

Nextscreen, LLC today announced the resignation of Lee Scoggins. Tom Martin, CEO, said “For three years, Lee and I have worked enthusiastically doing a digital transformation of The Absolute Sound and hi-fi+.” During this time, Nextscreen added new websites, created new offerings like the Welcome Mat campaign and two successful YouTube channels. The company also greatly expanded its audience through a major emphasis on global digital magazines and an expanded web presence. All of this is in concert with a new strategy to segment the hi-fi+ and The Absolute Sound platforms around the key demographic segments in the market.

“At this time, however, we have realized that we have a huge amount of executional detail to focus on. Therefore, I decided to take a more active role as Chief Content Officer and resume the CEO role. In these circumstances, Lee naturally wants to take his strategic talents on to a new venue,” said Martin. Scoggins will still participate in some company video and strategic projects.

Scoggins said “It has been a real pleasure to work with Tom and the staff at Nextscreen to take these influential publications into new channels. I have made lifelong friends at both magazines and continue to be proud of the quality of these publications. I have especially enjoyed working with some of the most sophisticated audio manufacturers in the industry. I believe as the industry becomes more digital, our investment in new channels and ideas will prove valuable.”

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Scoggins said “It has been a real pleasure to work with Tom and the staff at Nextscreen to take these influential publications into new channels. I have made lifelong friends at both magazines and continue to be proud of the quality of these publications. I have especially enjoyed working with some of the most sophisticated audio manufacturers in the industry. I believe as the industry becomes more digital, our investment in new channels and ideas will prove valuable.”

Translation: the name dropping will continue, ad nauseam 🙂

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

“At this time, however, we have realized that we have a huge amount of executional detail to focus on. Therefore, I decided to take a more active role as Chief Content Officer and resume the CEO role. In these circumstances, Lee naturally wants to take his strategic talents on to a new venue,” said Martin.

So IOW Lee had a “grand strategic vision” that these days you can get from ChatGPT in 15 minutes, but couldn’t follow through on actually executing it.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

4 hours ago, Jud said:

So IOW Lee had a “grand strategic vision” that these days you can get from ChatGPT in 15 minutes, but couldn’t follow through on actually executing it.

How ironic, LS had supposedly "Worked on a broad array of artificial intelligence initiatives" at his previous gig at Accenture.

When Nextscreen Publishing Group hired him in late 2019 he was touted as an A.I. pioneer.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is another George Santos-like failure to vet debacle.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group