IGNORED

EtherREGEN: All posts about firmware moved here

1 hour ago, Ehsu said:

I already have the new firmware for a week. The first impression from the first note was very positive. I could not find any faults. Then after 2hrs of listening, I thought there was something missing. I wasnt tapping my toes and just could not connect with my music for some reason. Seriously, I still do not understand why the new sound could not give me goose bumps like the original. I am still searching for answers. Is it my imagination or honeymoon ending? Is it because it was too smooth? I just dont know without going back to original firmware. I usually dont do A/B comparison if things are very obvious. But I just cant pin point what caused this feeling. If I put my critical listening hat on, everything seems to be better. Darker background. More details etc... But I just dont connect with the music as well as the original either listen seriously or casually 😞   

So your statement is: more analytical, more detail, darker meaning more “true to the source”? If this is the conclusion I am all in! I love this because it gives you the ability to tune room/convolution filter in a very neutral system. Very good! 

Some here mentioned that they think it is more HiFi...for me these are many opinions, but not a clear direction and no common opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Ehsu said:

I never claim true to the source! How do you ever know if something is true unless you were actually “ the source “. I’m only talking in relative terms comparing to original version. Well, maybe you made a good point here because I don’t like analytical sound. Is that why I enjoy less than before? I am still searching for answers. I never tell people here not to go for an ER here! By all means, steal one if you can find it, v1 or v2. It is really special. I just personally enjoy v1 slightly more. That’s it. 

That is true because it’s very personal and you can’t rely on measurements. Just use another car analogy. I have 2 fast cars. One is German and another is Italian. German car is precise and faster on track. However, it’s a little soulless achieving that faster track time and it doesn’t give me good feedback through steering wheel etc. I like it but not in love with it. The Italian is slower on track and a bit flawed. But I love every sec driving it. Good driver connection and full of emotions. Some prefer the fastest car but some just like to have a good time doing it. 
I’m not talking about ER. I’m talking about your point above. 

If it is more revealing the V2 is my friend :) To make it sound “right” to your ears there are other measures (room acoustics, equalized ala Floyd Toole etc.). Thanks for the explanation!

So is the discussion of V1 vs. V2 over? This is my impression :) 

Reading through the latest Feedbacks the V2 (could) support the aim to be „true to the source“ which I love and appreciate a lot. Even if this is something which some aren’t used to. At the end, everybody will love it after hearing what is really IN the record. 

6 hours ago, Ehsu said:

But I am still surprised why those records I loved sounded bad now? I thought they were quite good before. Maybe I should store the music files away from the NAS? Or maybe ER is showing me the upstream noise somewhere? Maybe the wireless router that NAS plugged in or the router noise? For example, even Tracy Chapman in WAV sounded dull now. And Norah Jones in 24/192 Flac sounded flat! Just shocked with the result still.  

What are recordings which shocked you in a positiv manner?