IGNORED

EtherREGEN: All posts about firmware moved here

8 minutes ago, Ehsu said:

Hopefully they will reconsider it. The way I see it, almost everyone praised about the original SQ but some including myself briefly experienced connection issues. I think only ONE person concluded there is no improvement in his system. Version 2 has quite a few of us finding the SQ less engaging. So clearly ER's sound signature is now more polarising/controversial. 

This hifi business is all about preferences. We buy certain brand of hifi because we like its character. Some prefer McIntosh, some prefer Naim, Linn etc. So why not letting some of us keep the sound signature we LOVED? We paid for the original ER and was just hoping connection issue is fixed. Why fixing things that no one complained? This to me makes no sense.

A superior car does not mean it is a fun to drive car, right? Tesla is fast 0-100 but V8 is more emotionally addictive. Porsche 911 is technically flawed with the engine weight hangs out in the back but people love it for decades because of its character. 

Can I please have my Porsche 911 back? 🙂

I see your point but must wholeheartedly disagree about the Tesla. Much more emotionally addictive to me. Which, I guess, undermines your point about the ER as well.  Because there are many, including myself, who feel the V2 firmware is a step up from the V1. And if you recall the fixes were not implemented for sound quality reasons but rather to shore up the code and fix a technical issue. By all means you should be able to revert if you want - but understand why the changes were made and that there are many of us who love their new Tesla more...