IGNORED

EtherREGEN: All posts about firmware moved here

5 minutes ago, soares said:

It must be me Alex, as I am just using the fiber. 🤪

but I haven’t touch anything on the system. And whether I am having some ear troubles or it’s not my imagination... 

I am sorry Alex, but it’ what I am hearing. I will check tonight if I disconnected anything from my system.

cheers Jorge

The changes only affect the RJ45 ports on the A side, not the SFP port or the RJ45 port on the B side.

Could you remind me of your connectivity again? Do you have anything else on the A side? I've been racking brain trying to figure out how changes to just the A side RJ45 ports could possible affect anything on the SFP port if there is nothing attached to them. The changes only affects signals on the RJ45 ports, so if nothing is connected then I don't see how anything could possibly be changed.

We do know that sometimes the SFP modules make poor contacts with the connector inside the SFP cage. Could you try taking the optical cable out, pulling out the SFP module, reinsterting it, firmly pushing it in, then reconnect the optical cable and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

John S.