IGNORED

SMS-200 Repair?

28 minutes ago, Kevin Ahern said:

There is no LED activity. Seems to be completely dead.

I took a look at the internal pictures, no fuse shows. It looks like there is a main board for the server electronics and a daughter board above it

for the power supply with two molex connections to the main board. Hopefully whats wrong is just the power supply board. Post #177

in the thread below has the board pictures

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Once when I had a SMS200 the SD somehow got corrupted and the unit seemed totally dead. I downloaded the SD Card Image and got a new SD Card. Once installed it came back to life instantly. I was surprised that a corrupt SD card would make the whole thing look totally dead, but it did.

Analog: Rega P8 > Ortofon Cadenza Black > Bob's Devices 20:1 SUT > EAR 834P Deluxe MM/MC tube phono stage

Digital: Shanling ET-3 CD Transport. Streaming via SoTM SMS200 Ultra Neo w/ SPS500 power supply > Chord Hugo TT2

Sound: PS Audio PowerPlant3 >  Naim Supernait3 > Harbeth P3ESR

@Kevin Ahern during the time I owned a sMS ultra I think I got two corrupted SD cards and many times the firmware just went bonkers. Get a new SD card 16Gb class 10 of good quality and download the latest firmware follow the instructions on SOtM webpage to burn the image and hopfully it will come back to life.

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
8 hours ago, octaviars said:

@Kevin Ahern during the time I owned a sMS ultra I think I got two corrupted SD cards and many times the firmware just went bonkers. Get a new SD card 16Gb class 10 of good quality and download the latest firmware follow the instructions on SOtM webpage to burn the image and hopfully it will come back to life.

@Kevin Ahern The same thing happened here.  The unit did it to itself... no power outage or anything.  Good recommendation on a new SD card with latest firmware to try to get you up and running again quickly.  

See how easy that was? "Repairs" not needed at all.

Analog: Rega P8 > Ortofon Cadenza Black > Bob's Devices 20:1 SUT > EAR 834P Deluxe MM/MC tube phono stage

Digital: Shanling ET-3 CD Transport. Streaming via SoTM SMS200 Ultra Neo w/ SPS500 power supply > Chord Hugo TT2

Sound: PS Audio PowerPlant3 >  Naim Supernait3 > Harbeth P3ESR