IGNORED

Stable Power Supply

STC

1 minute ago, davide256 said:

but the point is those aren't 240v plugs, US voltage on those should be 120v. Meters look to have reasonable accuracy for their kind which is board measurement use.

Not lab quality gear for measuring specs like these

https://www.tek.com/digital-multimeter

The Fluke meters are perfectly suitable for this measurement. The green one is probably a cheaper brand, but it too is almost certainly adequate here.

I presume the meters have true RMS measurement, not the easiest thing to do with ultimate accuracy especially if there is noise on the mains, detecting the exact zero crossing point can be an issue, PLC, noise can cause a non monotonic signal.

One would hope the following regulator supplies could easily cope with the slight difference in voltage.

I would say that those are excellent results. An AC power line has lots of high frequency noise. Each of those meters has it'd own high frequency response curve, so small differences are expected. Also each meter has it's own averaging period and line voltage is always changing so small differences are expected.

Try running pure sine waves at different frequencies thru a power amplifier. Set the voltage at near full scale on the meter ranges.

1 hour ago, mansr said:

What are those devices, and why are US style power sockets at 240 V? That seems rather dangerous.

In my early years of high end I was so confused with this. The audiophiles were using US plugs. Some even remove the good UK plug and put the US Hubbell plugs. I still have those with XLO Reference cables. I did hear massive improvement then ;)  

p.s. Anyone having problem with AS using Chrome and iPhone?  

39 minutes ago, STC said:

In my early years of high end I was so confused with this. The audiophiles were using US plugs. Some even remove the good UK plug and put the US Hubbell plugs. I still have those with XLO Reference cables. I did hear massive improvement then ;) 

So what's in the picture? Are those devices connected to UK 240V mains?

Has an American expat living in Viet Nam the last 8 years and southeast asia for over 20 years many se asian countries are 220-230v with US style plugs on 220-230v equipment and their is no issues. Perhaps the OP lives in a 240v country and obviously the strips are 240v versions.

Most manufacturers offer US style plugs on 220-240v equipment. People should stop thinking the US way is the only way.

48 minutes ago, Tecnik1 said:

Has an American expat living in Viet Nam the last 8 years and southeast asia for over 20 years many se asian countries are 220-230v with US style plugs on 220-230v equipment and their is no issues. Perhaps the OP lives in a 240v country and obviously the strips are 240v versions.

Most manufacturers offer US style plugs on 220-240v equipment. People should stop thinking the US way is the only way.

Many countries , including Australia)  are now 230VAC nominal, which translates to a 253V AC maximum (10% tolerance)

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

8 minutes ago, mansr said:

Don't your plugs have angled pins?

Yes they do. USA  style plugs and sockets would not be legally permissible with our standards in Australia

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020