IGNORED

Rpi 4B + Allo Boss kills WiFi

craig88

Has anybody else have the same configuration that works on WiFi?

Running either Dietpi with squeezeplay or Volumio yields same result. WiFi works fine without Allo Boss card.

With Allo Boss DAC on top WiFi no longer connects UNLESS I have Ethernet also plugged in and connected. This is the weird part, with Boss I can ssh via Ethernet. I can also ssh Pi from WiFi IP. Remove Ethernet cable and WiFi stops leaving Pi unreachable.

After days of trying everything it became apparent this is hardware related. Today I removed the power jumper from the Boss board and used 2 power supplies, one for Pi, one for Boss. WiFi will then connect only if I power up Pi first. If I power up at the same time or power Boss first then no WiFi. When I do get WiFi the OS turns off audio and squeezeplay wont run because it wont load the Boss drivers presumably. Manually forcing the OS in Dietpi to use the Boss kills WiFi again.

Infuriating how much time I have wasted with this straight out the box.

Squeezeplay works fine with no Boss card and Pi onboard audio.

This is with a fresh image of Dietpi which I have also reflashed several times to start form scratch.

Also could there be some conflict in resources between WiFi and Boss driver?

Have I got a faulty Boss board? Has anyone else out there got this setup that works? 

BTW, I am also using Allo relay attenuator, which has been removed until the Boss works. Also using standard Allo 5v 3A power supply. Have tried another known good power supply.

On 11/30/2019 at 6:34 AM, craig88 said:

Has anybody else have the same configuration that works on WiFi?

Running either Dietpi with squeezeplay or Volumio yields same result. WiFi works fine without Allo Boss card.

With Allo Boss DAC on top WiFi no longer connects UNLESS I have Ethernet also plugged in and connected. This is the weird part, with Boss I can ssh via Ethernet. I can also ssh Pi from WiFi IP. Remove Ethernet cable and WiFi stops leaving Pi unreachable.

After days of trying everything it became apparent this is hardware related. Today I removed the power jumper from the Boss board and used 2 power supplies, one for Pi, one for Boss. WiFi will then connect only if I power up Pi first. If I power up at the same time or power Boss first then no WiFi. When I do get WiFi the OS turns off audio and squeezeplay wont run because it wont load the Boss drivers presumably. Manually forcing the OS in Dietpi to use the Boss kills WiFi again.

Infuriating how much time I have wasted with this straight out the box.

Squeezeplay works fine with no Boss card and Pi onboard audio.

This is with a fresh image of Dietpi which I have also reflashed several times to start form scratch.

Also could there be some conflict in resources between WiFi and Boss driver?

Have I got a faulty Boss board? Has anyone else out there got this setup that works? 

BTW, I am also using Allo relay attenuator, which has been removed until the Boss works. Also using standard Allo 5v 3A power supply. Have tried another known good power supply.

Forwarded PM please check