IGNORED

Grounding the USBridge Sig/Digione Sig combo

mfsoa

I know there is ground lug on the case on my USBridgeSig/Digione Sig stack and that it is to be connected to the ground of the Shanti.

My question is do I also ground these to my Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ where my turntable is connected?

All of these devices go back to an Audioquest Niagara 1200. 

So is it OK or not OK to ground the Stack, Shanti, DAC and TT together?  Or best to leave out the DAC/TT and just ground the Stack to Shanti.

My preference is to not blow anything up.

Thanks for any advice or user experience.

-Mike

• 3 months later...

Good Day:

Have been hooking computer up for decades to my stereo system. I also have turntables...including a Rega which can be finicky with grounding. I would say the best way to check is trying yourself. So when I first connect ground I keep volume low with no input, so silence once I know hum isn't worse or less I then slowly turn up the volume and move very close to speaker.

Now you need to be careful that your device doesn't auto mute.

For example I have an old Technics SL-1310mk2 that mutes once arm lifts off record.

I that occurs you would want to use a passage with very low music or a blank record or digital file of silence.

Be careful, when turned up loud if a passage begins to play it might stress your heart or cause woofers to jump out of cabinet.

good luck.

PS

If you hear no hum nor just mild hiss (noise floor of amp or preamp) you don't need the ground. Google ground hum if you need clarification many record to ask what to do in forums.