IGNORED

Best closed headphone for iPhone and Qobuz use?

Since Qobuz dropped their price for high res streaming subscription I've really been enjoying the combination of Qobuz and Audeze iSine10

with its Cipher DAC using an iPhone, I can listen to high quality music everywhere. But the open back nature of the iSine doesn't work well with noisy environments.

Anyone seen a better closed back headphone that  offers the wired connection of the iSine's with 24 bit playback?

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

20 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

great thread, thanks for suggesting it. A small inline DAC I find ideal, one that doesn't require additional cables or double your "brick" size. i1 is on there, will do some reading.  I hear

you on rocking expensive headphones, wear and tear gets accelerated once you take them out of the home environment. I try to keep "on the go" headphones cost below $500 so that its not too dear to replace them every 2 years

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Got the Apple adaptor, can use the Sine ( its the closed back, not DX) with iPhone again so thank you @kumakuma. Not a complete answer as Sine wants more current for best sound but the closed back SIne meets my "walking" needs, no intrusive wind noise against the headphone back and shuts out fan noise at work,

so objectives met.

@gmgraves, I hear you on the Ananda's, I'm sure they dig deep into the music and the BT version is a highly rated performer at its price point.  I'm researching

to buy a new headphone for home use at the $1k price point, so far HifiMan Ananda BT and the Audeze LCDi3's are my top contenders for sound quality

and source flexibility

Regards,

Dave

Audio system