IGNORED

Article: Dream Music Server Feature: Part 1

I have spend quite some time looking at various solutions, especially cluod solution that would avoid opening an access to your home and having a server running 24/7.

Current solutions that work around discovering your music in a cloud account (i.e. google drive, etc...) are too slow and not very flexible, because they require a very lengthy process to scan your cloud storage and read tags. I would be happy with an application that uploads, from my home, all my music files and stores the tags and artwork in a cloud "database" as well. Doing the hard work when you load the cloud is much more efficient than doing it once the files are loaded...

In fact, I would be happy to even stream my files from the cloud within my home, and just forgo using a network server all together. This would be the simplest solution. All the technology is available to do this, efficiently.

To take it one step further, just give me a cloud solution and let me load files from anywhere, play them anywhere, and if needed download all the data back to a local storage for backup purposes.

Having access to a Qobuz or other streaming service within the same app does not seem to be difficult either, provided you don't expect something as tightly integrated as Roon, where the streaming service metadata is adjusted. Having album grids, and other simple features like that with both purchased (own) and "rented" music from streaming services seems to be pretty basic.