IGNORED

Article: Dream Music Server Feature: Part 1

I recently transferred an edited version of my music library to WAV and FLAC and then to a Samsung 1tB Portable SSD, to be connected to the Infotainment system in my 2016 VW Golf R. The system didn't like AIFF files, or 2tB drives, or more than 30K files but it all plays well and is accessible thru the Car Infotainment interface. I can also stream Quboz or Tidal thru a Dragonfly Red plugged into the phone but the phone interface is a little sketchy on the move. I did once try Roon on an old Mac laptop with an iPad mini as remote and that was OK but somewhat fiddly. Next step will be CarPlay as used by others. Putting the transfer library together reminded me how few CDs or downloads I buy these days but it does encourage me to listen to stuff I already have. Listening to 30K tracks will take some time........

Roon NUC I3 w 2500 albums, microRendu to Liberty DAC, Pass DIY Amp class amp, Klipsch RP600 or to Schiit Freya + Gumby MB, Sanders ESL amps and speakers, Mjolnir KGST and Stax L700