IGNORED

Sorting out a mistagged music library

diw

I am a happy Roon user but am now trying to use my music library on other devices ( car system, Chord Mojo/Poly etc ). This has involved transposing the library from AIFF to WAV and FLAC via dBPoweramp which works very well but has exposed a number of album files which have been mistagged as Compilations. They play fine but are difficult to access via the player menus so I need to retag them under the artist name. Roon does an excellent job in sorting these files out so that you are totally unaware of the problem while using that program and in the days when it was all an iTunes library on a Mac mini it was an easy job using Get info. I have tried using MusicBrainz and Yate but the operating instructions for those are somewhat obscure. Sometimes you can move them manually if the artist already has a folder in the library but not otherwise. I have heard of a program called TuneUp which will do this but it is unclear if it is still operational. Any thoughts from anyone?

Roon NUC I3 w 2500 albums, microRendu to Liberty DAC, Pass DIY Amp class amp, Klipsch RP600 or to Schiit Freya + Gumby MB, Sanders ESL amps and speakers, Mjolnir KGST and Stax L700