IGNORED

Article: Allo USBridge Sig Review

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I keep forgetting to follow up to my review.  It is almost two years!  I now have two USBridge Sig streamers, the review one with a DigiOne signature DDC and one without.  As I am writing this, I am listening to one of them now.  Via a Schiit Lyr3 headphone amp with multi-bit DAC into my HD-6XX cans.  The Shanti is powering the USBridge Sig with a Puritan Audio Labs AC cable.  I am using a Transparent HP USB cable between the devices.  The music server is Raspberry Pi4.

For software, I am using PiCorePlayer OS on all the devices.  LMS on the server and Squeezlite on the player.

I have started a “review/comparison” of a couple of DDC devices alongside of the DigiOne Signature.  I promised @Allo I would do a full review of the D1S.  It is coming!

With the software and hardware combination I have landed on, I am extremely pleased with functionality and sound quality.  Thanks again to Ioan B. and the team for their hard work and great products.  

Moreover, a massive shoutout to the team at Tiny Core Linux and PiCorePlayer;  JUST WOW.