IGNORED

Article: Allo USBridge Sig Review

@Gavin1977 the "Material" plugin is installed as any other LMS plugin.

You need to go into your LMS web interface, usually on port 9000 and then click on the "Settings" button, select the "Plugins" tab and you shuold get something like this:

LMS_plugins.thumb.png.15543e26dfcb814b2688c58e45c3cfa0.png

In my case the full address of LMS is 192.168.1.20:9000, you will have to type the IP of your LMS device.

I have a short update.  I seem to have found one of the interaction problems with Roon and MoOde!

In the setup instructions from @clipper  Roon has to be configured to not compress FLAC files it sends to GenToo Player.  I flipped the same switch for the MoOde endpoint and it seems to have fixed the track skipping/not starting issues I was having.  

----------------

There is more info on Gentoo Player here.  

With some help from @antonellocaroli and some push from @clipper  I started listening to  a test version of Gentoo Player for the Allo USBridge Sig.  

A lot of cool software is coming out of Italy!  I might just try this on an Intel platform like my Xeon based server.  I guess I cannot sell my extra power supplies just yet!  Merry Christmas!

Bob

bonsoir

je suis français et je partage les mêmes préoccupations sur la dématérialisation, utilise actuelle un Pc de bureau Puissant et très énergivore comme serveur sur lequel est stocké ma musique dématérialisée

il est relié à un réseau pour diffuser sur un Lecteur Lumin D1 piloté par un IPAD avec l’application Lumin.

le lecteur est relié en RCA vers un ampli HEGEL H80 qui drive des enceintes Colonnes DALi Opticon 5

je me sers du lecteur Reseau Lumin pour lire mes Fichiers Flac HI res, ce ripés et du DSD64 et 128

j'ai un abonnement TIDAL HIFI

j'utilise également le service TuneIn pour lire les web radios, mais la qualité n est pas au rendez-vous c est du MP3

je souhaiterais m'orienter vers un serveur audiophile et le ALLO USBRIDGE SIGNATURE PLAYER 

celui ci serait brancher en USB vers le Lumin d1, et le tout en utilisant Roon à partir de mon IPAD, 

plus l’utilité de l'application Lumin 

avec Roon implanté nativement dans le Lumin

- Lecture des fichiers musicaux en local

- Web radios avec Roon ? est ce possible et quelle qualité de diffusion ?

- écouter TDAL Hifi

voila ma requete, par contre pour faire tourner Roon ? comment cela se passe t'il cest l'allo usb bridge sur lequel il est implanté ou bien le lumin D1 , j'ai un peu de mal avec la dématérialisation

merci de voter retour

cpasmoi

On 12/23/2019 at 1:32 PM, cpasmoi said:

bonsoir

je suis français et je partage les mêmes préoccupations sur la dématérialisation, utilise actuelle un Pc de bureau Puissant et très énergivore comme serveur sur lequel est stocké ma musique dématérialisée

il est relié à un réseau pour diffuser sur un Lecteur Lumin D1 piloté par un IPAD avec l’application Lumin.

le lecteur est relié en RCA vers un ampli HEGEL H80 qui drive des enceintes Colonnes DALi Opticon 5

je me sers du lecteur Reseau Lumin pour lire mes Fichiers Flac HI res, ce ripés et du DSD64 et 128

j'ai un abonnement TIDAL HIFI

j'utilise également le service TuneIn pour lire les web radios, mais la qualité n est pas au rendez-vous c est du MP3

je souhaiterais m'orienter vers un serveur audiophile et le ALLO USBRIDGE SIGNATURE PLAYER 

celui ci serait brancher en USB vers le Lumin d1, et le tout en utilisant Roon à partir de mon IPAD, 

plus l’utilité de l'application Lumin 

avec Roon implanté nativement dans le Lumin

- Lecture des fichiers musicaux en local

- Web radios avec Roon ? est ce possible et quelle qualité de diffusion ?

- écouter TDAL Hifi

voila ma requete, par contre pour faire tourner Roon ? comment cela se passe t'il cest l'allo usb bridge sur lequel il est implanté ou bien le lumin D1 , j'ai un peu de mal avec la dématérialisation

merci de voter retour

cpasmoi

I am French and I share the same concerns on dematerialization, currently uses a powerful and very energy-consuming desktop PC as a server on which my dematerialized music is stored

it is connected to a network to broadcast on a Lumin D1 Reader controlled by an IPAD with the Lumin application.

the reader is connected in RCA to a HEGEL H80 amplifier which drives DALi Opticon 5 Column speakers

I use the Lumin Network reader to read my Flac HI res files, this ripés and DSD64 and 128

I have a TIDAL HIFI subscription

I also use the TuneIn service to read web radios, but the quality is not there it is MP3

I would like to switch to an audiophile server and the ALLO USBRIDGE SIGNATURE PLAYER

this one would be plugged in USB to the Lumin d1, and all using Roon from my iPad,

plus the usefulness of the Lumin app

with Roon implanted natively in Lumin

- Play music files locally
- Web radios with Roon? is this possible and what quality of broadcast?
- listen to TDAL Hifi

here is my request, on the other hand to make Roon turn? how it goes it is the allo usb bridge on which it is installed or the lumin D1, I have a little trouble with the dematerialization

please vote back

it's not me

On 12/23/2019 at 1:32 PM, cpasmoi said:

I am trying to answer here and I used Google Translate to help me.

The Lumin D1 is a complete playback system with network streamer and DAC if I am correct.  The Allo USBridge is equivalent to the front half of your Lumin.  The network to the front end of the DAC.  I do not think there is a way in the Lumin to actually feed the DAC from USB.  With the Lumin D1 I do not see how you would use the Allo.  

IF you are asking about Roon, it will play your local music files and of course Tidal HIFi.  The web radio support in Roon will play whatever the radio stations stream at.  Mostly lower bit rate material.  

The Allo will not run the Roon Core.  You need a different computing platform for that.  Here is an article that may help with Roon:  

https://roonlabs.com/howroonworks.html

Also note if you are running Roon you would not use the Lumin App.

The Allo can boot multiple operating systems that can act as a Roon Output or Roon bridge as it is sometimes called.

Bob Fairbairn

New Year update!

I am now using the just released 64bit version of Gentoo Player as Squeezelite endpoints for Roon

.  While it is still very early this release is VERY promising.  @antonellocaroli is working on some software updates and a web menu for the OS.   Read the thread below for the latest info.

Find out more at: http://gentooplayer.com

And on the thread here:

Bob 

Note I have updated my system diagram with the current hardware info;

1797960632_MyStero.thumb.jpeg.4abf6279c044229773a08d70f3c4bca0.jpeg

Hi Bob,  Happy New Year, you are keeping yourself busy, thank you for the contribution. So you are running Gentoo on the Allo Sig, you are not longer using MOODE, I see they have a version for the original Allo Bridge not Sig so potentially I could run Gentoo there too, the last DietPi version doesn't support my Denafrips DAC new board and I think the Gentoo version might.

You are not longer using any AL versions? do you know if Gentoo could run Miska's NAA?

Take care

Luis

14 minutes ago, luisma said:

Hi Bob,  Happy New Year, you are keeping yourself busy, thank you for the contribution. So you are running Gentoo on the Allo Sig, you are not longer using MOODE, I see they have a version for the original Allo Bridge not Sig so potentially I could run Gentoo there too, the last DietPi version doesn't support my Denafrips DAC new board and I think the Gentoo version might.

You are not longer using any AL versions? do you know if Gentoo could run Miska's NAA?

Take care

Luis

Luis,

I have not been using Audio Linux for around six months.  Up until my review of the Allo USBridge Sig I had been running Euphony on my Xeon machine as a single box solution.  I was switching between Roon + StylusEP and Stylus .

I am waiting for the 6.4.1 update from MoOde to see what it does.  I think that Allo is working on something new too.  Gentoo Player (not to be confused with Gentoo Linux) has turned out to be a real gem and @antonellocaroli has been working pretty darn hard on making it better in a lot of ways.  I really love to see people who enjoy their work.

Dear Allo Team and others,

Allo Bridge Signature stutters every 15-20 seconds with the new RME Adi 2 FS DAC. 

1) My setup was / is Mac Mini I7 ( bridged) => Allo Bridge Signature => Uptone ISO Regen => Pro-Ject S2 Ultra dac.

This plays flawless since weeks now. Ps. Playing with HQ-player 4 and upsampling everything to DSD 256.

2) Since yesterday I installed a brand-new RME Adi 2 Fs Dac. It stutters from the first start when connected to the Allo Bridge Signature.  Ps. I have checked the RME Dac with direct USB and Direct USB  & Uptone Iso Regen.

Plays very well (indeed). 

Another observation // suspicion (but have to do another trial and error check.) 

The power-unit Shanti was connected in earlier set-up (1) with the Project and Allo Bridge Signature. As soon I use the RME without the Shanti  5.2V at 1.2A in use  can this causes the stuttering by only feeding the Allo Bridge. Can be the current of 5.2V 3A be too high?  

Ps.  I have also triedto change  in HQ-player the buffer time and dac bits.... but without success. 

Does the Allo USBridge  has a  own clock in terms of master <=> slave with the dac?

Please your help.

Best regards, Andreas 

Ps . Will also post this message in the Allo community.

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2019 at 2:39 PM, Richard Dale said:

I use Rigelian on an iPad in conjunction with moOde running on Rasperry Pis in my systems and it is a really nice combination. I haven’t found anything as good as BubbleUPnP on Android to use with a DLNA backend on my iPad. The advantage of Rigelian is that it uses the native MPD protocol and has canned configurations for moOde, Volumio and Rune to handle the cover art (you need a file called ‘folder.jpg’ in each album folder with cover art picture). You need to be able to mount the files on your NAS with SMB or NFS.

I looked at Rigelian, and see that it’s a subscription model software; but I can’t find any information about the pricing - what does it cost?

Cheers,

17 hours ago, Casper said:

I looked at Rigelian, and see that it’s a subscription model software; but I can’t find any information about the pricing - what does it cost?

Cheers,

I paid 3.49 euros for a year's subscription.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

On 1/6/2020 at 9:35 PM, ambre said:

Allo Bridge Signature stutters every 15-20 seconds with the new RME Adi 2 FS DAC. 

1) My setup was / is Mac Mini I7 ( bridged) => Allo Bridge Signature => Uptone ISO Regen => Pro-Ject S2 Ultra dac.

This plays flawless since weeks now. Ps. Playing with HQ-player 4 and upsampling everything to DSD 256.

2) Since yesterday I installed a brand-new RME Adi 2 Fs Dac. It stutters from the first start when connected to the Allo Bridge Signature.  Ps. I have checked the RME Dac with direct USB and Direct USB  & Uptone Iso Regen.

Very good support by Allo team. But there are still are some problems in communication with RME Dac. Returned to vendor 😞

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

Just now, ambre said:
On 1/6/2020 at 9:35 PM, ambre said:

Very good support by Allo team. But there are still are some problems in communication with RME Dac. Returned to vendor 😞

Very good support by Allo team. But there are still are some problems in communication with RME Dac. Returned to vendor 😞

1 hour ago, Gavin1977 said:

As soon as they add in streaming services then I'm in!

Rigelian is an MPD client and so it isn't its job to implement streaming services. That would be done by the server end software running MPD, such as moOde.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

• 1 month later...

Just ordered the USBridge Signature Player + Shanti, was looking at it for quite some time, but after reading your review I wanted it even more. Just because I also have the Kii BXT System. So in the end what would be the recommended OS after you tested them all, I have to keep in mind it must be supporting Spotify Connect.

2 hours ago, katwax said:

Just ordered the USBridge Signature Player + Shanti, was looking at it for quite some time, but after reading your review I wanted it even more. Just because I also have the Kii BXT System. So in the end what would be the recommended OS after you tested them all, I have to keep in mind it must be supporting Spotify Connect.

Hi,

I would look at MoOde to see if it does what you want.  I am still using my USBridge on my headphone system.  I like it a lot.  I use the Shanti to feed both the USBridge Sig and my Hugo 2 DAC.  My second one is going to go into a different system that is sill in the needs analysis phase!  (Or mabye wants analysis)

On my Kii Three system I have something different.  There will be something posted soon on that!  A bit more upscale!

bob

9 hours ago, bobfa said:

Hi,

I would look at MoOde to see if it does what you want.  I am still using my USBridge on my headphone system.  I like it a lot.  I use the Shanti to feed both the USBridge Sig and my Hugo 2 DAC.  My second one is going to go into a different system that is sill in the needs analysis phase!  (Or mabye wants analysis)

On my Kii Three system I have something different.  There will be something posted soon on that!  A bit more upscale!

bob

I have a 2009 Mac mini that I’m planning to replace. Been considering different options including USBridge. Looking forward to your post on what you been working with. Maybe it’ll provide me with another option - before my mini dies.

14 minutes ago, sjj said:

I have a 2009 Mac mini that I’m planning to replace. Been considering different options including USBridge. Looking forward to your post on what you been working with. Maybe it’ll provide me with another option - before my mini dies.

SJJ,

Tell us a bit more about the rest of your system and about your goals, what you use for music sources and your idea of what you want.

Bob