IGNORED

Article: Allo USBridge Sig Review

Glad this was reviewed and posted–now we know where great sound can be had on the cheap with the right hardware and software wherewithal.

Personally, "daunting" isn't the word, "inconvenient" is what comes to mind. Seems like there should be timely, up-to-date, written for newbs, screenshot and picture-driven tutorials/videos here at CA for these kinds of software set ups.

@The Computer Audiophile wasn't there some talk about alternative/new content besides traditional articles a while back?

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

21 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This is always on our radar. Do you have something specific in mind?

Well, you know how these various Linux or other audio software setups are rife with options for every option under the sun. It would be nice to have a brain-dead set of instructions on how to get most, if not all, of the way "there" to where you have music coming out of your "computer" gear. I'd imagine there are consistencies in setup to get to certain hardware or sound quality decision points for most potential users. At least for a couple of the main options like Pi and Linux and these Allo boxes.

I imagine there are technically capable people like myself (gimme the benefit of the doubt, ha ha–I work in software) who don't have gobs of uninterrupted tweaking time but who are interested in the next step if it appears worth the effort. But then again, maybe the answers for people like me are products from Pro-Ject and Auralic. Anyway, just $0.02.

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

Yes, these stories are the kinds of things that I suspect could be “standardized” with options and recommended configured at each step. 

I don’t expect the infinite combinations to be represented, just perhaps the most likely supported ones (software, it requires support). 

And there are the platforms: Mac, PC, Linux, combos, Roon, etc. 

Anyway, thanks for considering.