IGNORED

Dan Clark Ether 2

listened to these at CAF, wish there was a chance they would be under my Christmas tree. Made me realize how a number of things I blame

other equipment for are really the speakers/headphones. Their high frequency clarity is remarkable, resolving but not edgy. And no "helmut head"

after wearing effect, they are reasonably light

https://danclarkaudio.com/headphones-22/ether/ether-2-live.html

image.png.9bbc74067cf5943e43cd94a96cf553b3.png

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 4 weeks later...

Been on my radar for a while but i keep squeezing more out of my setup making my upgraded MS EFs sound even nicer but everyone else has gone crazy money again. Meze and Focals being the nearest price/ quality competition.  Well for my wish list anyway.  Thanks for posting Dave..

Dave 

@kravi4ka

Ah what have you made me do..!!!

Bad man Kravi..

I searched after posting and saw a Hifi shop selling a display pair for £1299 with 5 hours burn in.....

I am not sure what i can sell my current MrSpeakers Open Ether flows V1.1 for

£££? but that was the selling point to the wife... i want both...😁 headphones that is..

But i have a chance to compare both so ill let you know what i think...

This hobby...

Cheers

Dave

No, I am a good man, I am just infected by the same disease :)

Honestly, these are magnificent headphones. I have since sold the DAVE and the Mscaler I had to replace them with an Resolution audo Cantata 3.0 which is a calls above DAVE/Msc but that required a headphone amp. And it sure took some time for them to open up, the first weeks were a bit,hm, blant... But now after some time they are transparent, fast, full bodied, live, breathing, MUSIC. Just give them some time and good source and amp, they are world class and you price is simply ridiculous... I envy you :)

On 12/28/2019 at 1:20 PM, kravi4ka said:

No, I am a good man, I am just infected by the same disease :)

Honestly, these are magnificent headphones. I have since sold the DAVE and the Mscaler I had to replace them with an Resolution audo Cantata 3.0 which is a calls above DAVE/Msc but that required a headphone amp. And it sure took some time for them to open up, the first weeks were a bit,hm, blant... But now after some time they are transparent, fast, full bodied, live, breathing, MUSIC. Just give them some time and good source and amp, they are world class and you price is simply ridiculous... I envy you :)

Thank you,  i am a fan of DCA, i have heard they can be great for some but not others. 'Flavoured '. My current MS Ether  flow have served me well, i expect the E2 too as well. I hope i can, on my Qutest and clean Head amp Gilmore lite 2 do them justice. Both very linear and clean sounding detail. Hopefully a good paring by others opinion..

With Dave + Mscaler i thought you may have gone the Bartok route. 

The Cantana 3.0 must be some device to best one of the most renowned pairings in audio today. 

I am just glad its giving you a lot of pleasure and some spare money...

Have a lovely new year with friends and family @kravi4ka thank you for your thoughts....

Take care

David