IGNORED

iPhone 11 Pro Audio Quality

STC

Guys, the audio zoom quality of the iPhone 11 Pro is really very good and can be very useful for audiophiles to take video and compare the audio quality of different system. I am not really sure if it got some sort of internal processing but the sound seemed reflect a reasonable representation of what you hear live. I am impressed with SQ.  

p.s. The YT did kill the highs. 

I am still so intrigued by the iphone audio quality. The audio zoom function can change from omni to shotgun and the playback is definitely not normal stereo sound. it can act like a videomic ( Rode and Shure) by eliminating the background noise and at the same time it could capture the background noise in the wide mode. 

• 4 weeks later...

Another attempt to get the piano to be as real as possible. Choice of reverberation was set by my daughter based on her perspective as a player how the piano should sound. 

It took a bit of effort in recording the impulse response of the living room and to feed them to the ambiance speakers as timing was an issue to prevent echoes. There is no adjustment to the main speakers sound. Only the ambiance speakers sound was changed. 

I always felt the SQ on my i7 and air pad pro was exceptional when either using sennheiser he 598s or god forbid Apple in the ear buds.

only do this when traveling but the  SQ is really pretty good and use both to play music(TIDAL and Qobuz) through my vehicles using  apple kit with AQdragon fly red but that’s probably more a reflection of vehicles sound system—whatever is in grand Cherokee and the meridian system in a land rover discovery

Apple playback quality with headphones and using it as music server is good enough. I was using iPod and Onkyo dock to play them in my main channel during the early days computer audio. 

The videos here are about the internal microphone of iPhone and IMO they are better than the previous models. I am still trying to figure out how the tiny pin hole microphone could capture the stereo sound sound accurately.  The stereo playback too is amazing with sound extending 4 times beyond the phone. 

• 1 month later...