IGNORED

Audiolab 8200DQ

Does anyone have any idea/clue as to when we shall see this Dac/Pre in the UK, how much it will cost and if because it's just that, a dac/pre, whether it will do 24/192?

There are many glowing reviews of the CD player, It would be great to know what's actually going on with it!

Cheers.

I believe the 8200DQ will be literally identical to the 8200CDQ (same main board with gaps) with the CD transport removed so SQ should be the same.

The 8200CDQ supports 24/192 via SPDIF but not via USB. No idea of a availability.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

• 3 years later...

Hi! Need some help here.

I'm having some issues in driving my brand new headphones AKG K612 Pro with the 8200DQ.

On the paper (see headphone amp output specs below) there should be no problem but I actually have to turn the volume knob of the 8200DQ to almost max (say between -5dB and 0dB) to make the headphones go loud.

Audiolab 8200DQ headphone amp specs:

output impedance:7.5 ohm

MAX output : 5.8Vrms/100R

AKG K612 Pro specs:

Impedance: 120 Ohm

Sensitivity:101 dB/V

Is there any other 8200DQ owner who can share with me his experience with the headphone amp of this nice Pre/DAC?

NUC10i7 Roon ROCK > EtherREGEN > Lumin U1 Mini > Chord DAVE > Focal Utopia