IGNORED

CPU Load and Sound Quality

STC

5 hours ago, marce said:

oooooh tetchy....😊

No. You got back exactly what you deserved.

It was blatantly obvious that you weren't congratulating me on reaching that number of posts over a more than 10 year period.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

10 hours ago, sandyk said:

No. You got back exactly what you deserved.

It was blatantly obvious that you weren't congratulating me on reaching that number of posts over a more than 10 year period.

No, correct, its called humour. It's about not taking it so serious all the time...

1 hour ago, marce said:

No, correct, its called humour. It's about not taking it so serious all the time...

I don't find anything humorous in posts like that, knowing how you and several other closed minded participants in this thread, and other threads in the General Forum area really feel about virtually all of my posts in this forum. 

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

2 hours ago, sandyk said:

I don't find anything humorous in posts like that, knowing how you and several other closed minded participants in this thread, and other threads in the General Forum area really feel about virtually all of my posts in this forum. 

There's an easy way for you to change that.

32 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

a "closed minded participant" is anyone who doesn't agree with crazy ideas that violate known laws of physics

I’d be really interested to hear which laws of physics are violated by the following:

• Interconnecting cables whose sound differs from one another
  • USB cables whose sound differs from one another
  • Vibration control of electronics and transport
  • Removal of LF and HF noise
  • Sound that changes during the first 100 hours of operation of newly manufactured components.

So here you go Ralf. Here’s your opportunity to switch gears and get scientific and factual....have at it  

1 minute ago, Blackmorec said:

I’d be really interested to hear which laws of physics are violated by the following:

• Sound that changes during the first 100 hours of operation of newly manufactured components.

So here you go Ralf. Here’s your opportunity to switch gears and get scientific and factual....have at it  

I'm pretty sure that Ralf was referring to Alex's beliefs in regards to bit-identical files, AKA the "third rail" of Audiophile Style.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

26 minutes ago, Blackmorec said:

All discussed before, ad nauseam, if the reality of the physical universe does not fit your audiophile beliefs it will be dismissed. No point going round in circles, maybe a new thread to discuss the reality of audio.

Just now, marce said:

All discussed before, ad nauseam, if the reality of the physical universe does not fit your audiophile beliefs it will be dismissed. No point going round in circles, maybe a new thread to discuss the reality of audio.

yes, ad nauseam

try teaching evolution to a quick creationist sometime - very similar

Hmmm, ducking and diving aplenty, but so far no physics. Cumon guys, you can do better than this. Surely? Which known laws of physics are violated and how? 

I’ll tell you what’s been said ad nauseum is that audiophile ideas violate the known laws of physics. I’ve given you five classical audiophile ideas.....all I’m asking you to do is match them up with the laws they violate and explain why or how. 

Just now, Blackmorec said:

all I’m asking you to do is match them up with the laws they violate and explain why or how. 

Even if Ralf or someone else went to the trouble of doing this, would it change your mind in any way?

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull