IGNORED

CPU Load and Sound Quality

STC

1 hour ago, PeterSt said:

Because what we *1) can hear can not by measured by anyone *2) ?

1) Make that me. Not you.

2) No comment.

😊

Great! I'll recommend to my physicists friends to stop wasting time and money on expensive equipment. All they need to do is to deploy a few audiophiles to listen to gravitational waves, as I'm sure these make a huge difference in micro-dynamics and sound stage. After an appropriate break-in period, of course.

(Please don't ban me, Chris! I'm just having fun, and as you said "Why is it that people care so much about how others have fun"? B|

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Now you’re taking it to another level. I published mans’ objective article because I really like it. I like the extra info offered to by the objective crowd.

I also prefer to see pertinent technical information in all equipment reviews, having purchased several items such as Speakers ,DACs etc. based mainly on the excellent measured specifications .

However, if the measurements were the final arbiter as several members keep insisting, you may as well  publish the Objective article and just stick to the cosmetic appearance of the equipment and the Wife Acceptance Factor in your section of the review.

devil-3858916_960_720.png

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Straddling the fence as I do, both sides have part of the story right, and both have parts of it wrong - in the latter sense, one lot are obsessed with using magic bits in their rig, and that only ultra expensive gear can make it happen; and the other are being ritualistic, and fanatical about the concept that factors which are easy to measure are all that can ever matter.

It was obvious to me over 3 decades ago that these two lots of wrong thinking would make it so, so hard for good sound to be more common - from where I stand, there has been close to zero progress since ... now, where is the rolling one's eyes, squared, emoji?

38 minutes ago, Racerxnet said:

You would end up with a lopsided (subjective) conversation that may or may not be based on reality. If not based on reality or technical merit, does that help the community as a whole??? I see the punch bowl already tainted with piss and people drinking from it. Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday!

MAK

While this sounds logical it’s far from the truth. Many people are here to have fun and try different things. This is a hobby that brings them enjoyment. The last thing they want is people telling them they are wrong, foolish, or crazy. 

I don’t understand why those who don’t agree with conversations in which it’s clear their opinion isn’t wanted, must thrust it on everyone. 

lopsided is what many people want. Whether it’s objective or subjective, lopsided pleases many people. I prefer both sides but it’s very clear many don’t. 

Your vision of what helps the community is one thing but it’s completely opposite for others. 

you wouldn’t invite an abrasive republican to a Democrat’s party. She may have great things to say but nobody at the party is interested. Same could be said for a vegan and carnivore. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Straddling the fence as I do, both sides have part of the story right, and both have parts of it wrong - in the latter sense, one lot are obsessed with using magic bits in their rig, and that only ultra expensive gear can make it happen; and the other are being ritualistic, and fanatical about the concept that factors which are easy to measure are all that can ever matter.

It was obvious to me over 3 decades ago that these two lots of wrong thinking would make it so, so hard for good sound to be more common - from where I stand, there has been close to zero progress since ... now, where is the rolling one's eyes, squared, emoji?

To me I couldn’t care less how someone strives for what they believe is better sound. I don’t believe anyone else should care either. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

"how someone strives for what they believe is better sound. I don’t believe anyone else should care either. "

- That is not the issue - the point is that people are making posts that mislead other consumers.

For the record, I have never said that measurements were the final arbiter and it is not clear to me that there is set of measurements sufficient to show one high quality electronic item sounds better than another.

For speakers, or for crummy vs. top-notch, yes.

5 minutes ago, sandyk said:

You keep forgetting that this is an Audiophile forum

You keep thinking this is an Audiophile forum.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

25 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

You keep thinking this is an Audiophile forum.

Peter

Many technically qualified members are Audiophiles too.

In case some like Kumakuma haven't noticed , this forum is also supported financially by Audiophile manufacturers, unlike forums such as Hydrogen Audio etc. Without their support this forum would more than likely cease to exist.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

14 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Without their support this forum would more than likely cease to exist.

This forum will continue as an explicit non-audiophile forum. Or maybe not at all.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

23 minutes ago, sandyk said:

In case some like Kumakuma haven't noticed , this forum is also supported financially by Audiophile manufacturers, unlike forums such as Hydrogen Audio etc. Without their support this forum would more than likely cease to exist.

No idea why you feel the need to call me out in your post but please stop dragging me in your rants.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

5 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

No idea why you feel the need to call me out in your post but please stop dragging me in your rants.

# 320