IGNORED

CPU Load and Sound Quality

STC

11 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

No, not ears. Your post-purchase-paranoia subsides after a few days but you keep insisting it's the new component breaking in. Admit it to yourself, you'll be a much happier person! (this one is a freebee also, I'm just too nice!)

Gosh you’re so nice; or gaslighting..... I’m not quite sure which, given the forum we’re on. 

😴  look into my eyes...you’re feeling sleepy, very sleepy.  When you awake your new power supply is going to sound like you’ve just added a D’Agostino Relentless 🎶$£$🎶🎶$££$🎶

15 hours ago, Blackmorec said:

so the only problem we’re having here is that you’ve never swapped in some cables that make a substantial difference into a system capable of actually revealing the differences. Had you done so you’d probably be standing on my side of the fence

You always presume... And your presumptions are wrong.

12 hours ago, Blackmorec said:

You know what would be useful.....for an engineer to actually sit down with a few components and figure out what break-in actually is. For example why do large Mundorf capacitors take so long to reach stability? Do we actually know the answer to that? 

Jeez don't you think all this has been done, look how much electronics surrounds you, your living in a bit of a vaccuum...

As for cable break in, its a bit of wire! and don't bother rabbiting about dielectrics either...

3 hours ago, marce said:

You always presume... And your presumptions are wrong.

I deduced, which is more or less the same thing. My deduction of never having tried cables erred on the generous side, because I presumed that your system would be good enough to reveal the differences had you actually done so. Obviously that was the presumption that was wrong 😁

7 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

are you as stoopid as that post makes you seem???

try looking in my icon \ Audio System

Damn!

not to mention several threads I've started with pics of speaker layouts, room plans, etc. etc.

Apologies, I made the assume mistake.  It was not my intent to provoke rash behavior on your part. which sadly is what the "baiting" goal is of most of those countering @sandyk

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

38 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Apologies, I made the assume mistake.  It was not my intent to provoke rash behavior on your part. which sadly is what the "baiting" goal is of most of those countering @sandyk

You appear to making the same "assume mistake" again.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

2 hours ago, Blackmorec said:

I deduced, which is more or less the same thing. My deduction of never having tried cables erred on the generous side, because I presumed that your system would be good enough to reveal the differences had you actually done so. Obviously that was the presumption that was wrong 😁

No you presumed...

I have tried cables in the past... I have done mods in the past, I have built many speakers, when I could be bothered I have built amps, power supplies etc. Most of the electronics was a long time ago, still do speakers and will probably build some new ones next year,though I do fancy trying some electrostatic, heard some a few years back and enjoyed the presentation.

Of course my system is crap, they all have been over the years, I don't know why I bothered, I have wasted so much money and time, because non of my systems were revealing enough for me to hear the night and day differences cables make...

Just a note on this perception/hearing thing that I thought was infallible, I bought a nice new curly red lead for my Bass (Fender Lead not audiophile, I don't think they do guitar leads... ), plugged my Aerodyne in and started playing and was convinced the sound had changed because of the lead... So I went and got my other leads, changed the lead and the sound was just the same, the excitement of a new lead etc. fooled my perception, boy was I upset. This should not happen perception being fooled...

20 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

If there is an audio design that really takes days to get to optimal operating conditions, you can be sure that is a broken design.

Paul, why ?

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

37 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Paul, why ?

Simply because. It's a flaw that would make the device inconvenient to consume and render it unusable and unpredictable for a lengthy period of time. If it really exists in a device, it's a broken design. Any engineer aware of such a lengthy break-in period would design around it to ensure the stability of the circuit during the break-in. Amazingly, nobody does this. Not in the pro audio field, not in the sensitive electronic equipment that measures individual photons, not in LIGO in the extremely sensitive gravitational wave detectors. So why is it that audiophiles are the only group in the world that suffers from cable and component break-in? 

3 hours ago, davide256 said:

No problem - your post's proximity to Mr. Rage & Belligerent post may have loaded up my CPU.

Sandy - you have never, ever* posted your speakers or headphone info.

* to quote Taylor Swift

2 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

No problem - your post's proximity to Mr. Rage & Belligerent post may have loaded up my CPU.

Sandy - you have never, ever* posted your speakers or headphone info.

* to quote Taylor Swift

I have now posted on several occasions that I am now using AudioTechnica M70x headphones.

I also recently explained how you could tame the upper HF response of some headphones by driving them from a higher than typical source impedance such as the 120 ohms that I am using.
 You directed people to look in your Profile for this information , but  If you had bothered to look in mine, you would have seen see that my equipment has been listed there for quite some time,   including the speakers.
 There are even internal photos of both of my highly modified DACs and my DIY Class A amplifier.
Attached is an internal photo of the 2U rack case  PSU for both my DIY Class A Preamplifier and the 15W Class A amplifier.

The 2 smaller toroidal transformers provide low voltage A.C. to the Preamp, and the large transformer, which has 2 lots of secondary windings is used to separately power the 2 regulated PSUs which provide + and -21V to the Power amplifier.  

15W Class A Amplifier -NEW PSU 2012 .jpg

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

6 minutes ago, mansr said:

spacer.png

Did you post further information about the USB Gizmo that you were developing ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

4 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

Simply because. It's a flaw that would make the device inconvenient to consume and render it unusable and unpredictable for a lengthy period of time. If it really exists in a device, it's a broken design. Any engineer aware of such a lengthy break-in period would design around it to ensure the stability of the circuit during the break-in. Amazingly, nobody does this. Not in the pro audio field, not in the sensitive electronic equipment that measures individual photons, not in LIGO in the extremely sensitive gravitational wave detectors. So why is it that audiophiles are the only group in the world that suffers from cable and component break-in? 

In the world of normal consumer listening, everything's good enough. In the world of people who start to realise that fiddling with parts of a system alters the sound, everything's broken ...

In LIGO, etc, an incredible amount of effort would go into stabilising every tiny, tiny aspect - because everyone knows, up front, that if they don't do this then the value of the experiment is almost non-existent. In audio, the people making the stuff usually don't care a stuff about the "fine details" - so the 'fussy people' then have to play catch up, after the fact.

I could mention an experiment in Europe where people didn't get the soldering 100% perfect, and there was a big BOOOM!!! - but I won't ... 😝