IGNORED

Article: Roon 1.7 With Valence Is Released

• 5 months later...
On 5/11/2020 at 6:21 AM, DarwinOSX said:

You use Roon extensively and think it's just album sorting software?  Seriously?

I have no idea how someone who is an audiophile thinks $119 a year for what you get with Roon is too much money.  It's a bargain.

I do think Roon is drastically overpriced.  I also own a lifetime Roon membership, which I also think is overpriced.  And I exclusively listen to music via Roon/ HQP4, and I think HQP4 is overpriced as well.  It's possible to think something is overpriced and yet still own, use and respect it.  Price is one thing, performance is another.  How one correlates the two is entirely individual, there is no right or wrong.

On 5/13/2020 at 12:29 AM, firedog said:

You are obviously free to think things are overpriced, but your opinion isn't really based on anything other than your personal idea of money and value. 

Roon has stated that the lifetime subscription will stop being offered in the not distant future as it is not a viable economic propostion. Miska will tell you that he's not getting rich off of HQP, and has other work that he does to support himself.  

If your idea of fair pricing was applied, apparently both products would cease to exist. 

The whole thing is a matter of personal opinion when it comes to matters of value.  There is no right, or wrong answer.  Only your own 😉