IGNORED

Roon 1.7 Is Available!

rn701

There are a lot of nice new features and improvements here. As in the past, I'm sure, as in past updates, they will send out a bug fix fairly soon. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

11 minutes ago, rn701 said:

Warning to Qobuz users: roon 1.7 won't play hi-res files from qobuz...

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/qobuz-streaming-quality-not-hires-in-roon-1-7/84234

Works fine for me. Under "services" there is a tab for streaming quality, and mine is set to up to 24192. It's streaming Qobuz in 24/192 when available.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

13 minutes ago, rn701 said:

Warning to Qobuz users: roon 1.7 won't play hi-res files from qobuz...

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/qobuz-streaming-quality-not-hires-in-roon-1-7/84234

try logging out of Qobuz in Roon and then logging back into your account. 

An update that once again proves Roon badly needs to hire an actual designer vs leaving it up to engineers to monkey with the UX/UI. So ho hum. I'm a lifetime purchaser so maybe they'll pull it together someday...

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

50 minutes ago, Mercman said:

What music software does it better?

Keep in mind I'm just talking about primarily the look, though functionally still too many arrows to go here and there, horizontal scrolling still on pc's and laptops, too many extra steps for some functions, and lack of user customization. It's just not a particularly modern looking/functioning software. It is unique in what it does, just not how it looks and interfaces with the user. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

32 minutes ago, gcoupe said:

I suspect the default option for any new settings that are introduced is "No". In this case it moved your cheese, but as you say, it's easily rectified. Personally, I prefer my music without track numbers. Everybody's different.

I hear you for sure but the default should’ve been “no change” rather than “no” in my book. 

Guess that’s why I’m not involved with software development 😁

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Anyone having trouble with tracks skipping (track starts and plays for a bit, then skip to next) (happened with both Tidal and Qobuz)?  I've had it happen several times in the last 15 min.  Internet is working fine.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Thankfully the update went off without a hitch for me.  I have a basic setup with a laptop used as the Roon core that I use in one room to manage streaming of Tidal and Qobuz with a smattering few ripped CD's and Hi-Res files with stuff that mostly isn't available to stream.  I do make use of a display with a Chromecast to show the lyrics and general track info.   

What would really be convenient for me would be the ability to edit the Now Playing queue to pull in additional information about the track.  I typically go to the albums section and Shuffle.  Sometimes I will look at the first few dozen songs and thumb up or down, but mostly I just let it go and enjoy.  It would be nice to see the "Last Played" and "Play Number" or any of the fields available in the Track section.

3 hours ago, jcn3 said:

Anyone having trouble with tracks skipping (track starts and plays for a bit, then skip to next) (happened with both Tidal and Qobuz)?  I've had it happen several times in the last 15 min.  Internet is working fine.

I'm having issues with tidal.Drop outs and music stopping.Takes some times up to 10 secs to start next song.Never had issue until update.Tidal works fine with everything but Roon for me