AudioDoctor

The Needle Doctor is closing...

Rate this topic

I am going to miss going over there to get something, and BS-ing with them for an hour or so and leaving with 5 more things I didn't plan on buying.

And just when I am thinking of buying a few new cartridges as well...

No electron left behind...

now where am I going to find a needle for my antique acoustic turntable?

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

Back in the day they had a replacement needle for the Audio Technica cartridge that came on my first Technics SL1200 Mk 2 I bought off of Craigslist.

This was me getting artsy with the camera.

IMG_1522.JPG

31 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

now where am I going to find a needle for my antique acoustic turntable?

I actually don't know where to do that now.

it's been sitting there for yer w/o a needle so I guess it can sit some more...  I don't have a compelling desire to hear turkey in the straw on a wax disk anyway

hi tuk a haw!

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

Now this equipment lives with my Nephew...  

The turntable, the cart, the VP130, which I really like, and its communist tube to replace the even cheaper Chinese communist tube.

003mqb.jpg

IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1693.JPG

IMG_1685.JPG

IMG_1687.JPG

IMG_1689.JPG

lucky Nephew