The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Asus TBS/Volumio streamer > Mutec MC-3+ USB reclocker > LKS MH-DA004 DAC > Burson AB-160 XLR buffer > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. BG7TBL master clock. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators AudioQuest, Coherent, MCRU & Wireworld cables

https://theaudiostandard.net

I have a spare IFI iPower 9v sitting in a drawer. 

• Any chance it could harm my ER?
  • Do you think it could improve SQ vs the supplied Uptone unit?

I'm loving my standard power ER but interested to read these reports.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> AQCinnamon --> microRendu 1.4 / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

2 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

I have a spare IFI iPower 9v sitting in a drawer. 

• Any chance it could harm my ER?

No harm. But if you have more than one 'A' side connection to your EtherREGEN, then use of that ungrounded, unshunted supply will make use of the EtherREGEN's desirable (see the User Guide).

2 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

Do you think it could improve SQ vs the supplied Uptone unit?

Not likely, but give it a go! B|

For those who think changes upstream of the ER won't make a difference.

I swapped out the Chinese 12V LPSU powering my TP-Link MR6400 4G router for a spare Paul Hynes LPSU based on the PR3iEHD I had lying around. I also swapped out the SR Red fuse for an SR Blue. It makes quite a difference in the immediacy and dynamic clout of some music, such as Jeff Beck's You Had It Coming album. Nice, and cost me nothing.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Asus TBS/Volumio streamer > Mutec MC-3+ USB reclocker > LKS MH-DA004 DAC > Burson AB-160 XLR buffer > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. BG7TBL master clock. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators AudioQuest, Coherent, MCRU & Wireworld cables

1 hour ago, MartinT said:

I also swapped out the SR Red fuse for an SR Blue. It makes quite a difference in the immediacy and dynamic clout of some music, such as Jeff Beck's You Had It Coming album. Nice, and cost me nothing.

I don't know, those fancy fuses are $125 and $160 each. That's not "nothing!"x-D

21 minutes ago, Superdad said:

I don't know, those fancy fuses are $125 and $160 each. That's not "nothing!"x-D

It is when it's a spare in the drawer!

10 hours ago, Dutch said:

Not true

I spoke with 3 different dealers in Europe (Slovakia,  UK and Belgium) and Mattijs from Farad in the Netherlands. 

They boths confirmed that the 2+1 promotion is not available in Europe. 

11 hours ago, Discopants said:

online dealer ? What is the price for 3 fuses ?

Here’s a direct link to the offer (in English): https://www.kempelektroniksshop.nl/synergistic-research-orange-fuses-5x20-mm-6-3x32-mm.html

46 minutes ago, kzs70 said:

I spoke with 3 different dealers in Europe (Slovakia,  UK and Belgium) and Mattijs from Farad in the Netherlands. 

They boths confirmed that the 2+1 promotion is not available in Europe. 

OK, that’s weird. The dutch importer, who also sells directly, does have the 2+1 promotion. See link above.

Just now, Dutch said:

The dutch importer, who also sells directly, does have the 2+1 promotion

Well it is strange indeed, but this is a good news, thanks for the link!

5 minutes ago, HumanMedia said:

What is the fuse Size and rating for a 230V JS-2?

For 220/230/240V orientation of the JS-2’s fuseblock (which changes how the dual-primaries of the transformer get wired) a 0.5A slow-blow is what we install.  Can be either the small Euro size or the big 3AG American size—the fuseblock accepts either. If a 0.5A slow-blow is not available, a 0.7~0.8A should be fine to avoid blowing upon inrush current at turn-on.

It is wildly reported that many “audiophile” fuses—especially those from Synergistic—tend to blow at currents a lot lower than their ratings, so plan accordingly.

From my experience the Synergistic fuses are of a fast blow design, sensitive to surges rather than constant current.

I have only ever blown one, a Red, and that was my fault for plugging the power amp cable into the back with the power on. I usually use my P10 regenerator's high current surge protection socket and power on with the P10's remote control.

7 hours ago, HumanMedia said:

Has anyone used the Synergistic Oranges in the JS-2 Power supply?

Worthwhile audible improvement?

Is the standard rating enough?

@Superdad What is the fuse Size and rating for a 230V JS-2?

I can happily report JS-2 scaled up very well for my with aftermarket fuses.

My JS-2 it is 120V, original fuse was 1A, slow blow. I settled for 1,6 A, synergestic orange fuse, 1A blowed up during powering on.

Got fuse during last buy2 get1 promotion, and worth every penny.

@FrankMA  Very interesting. Thanks Frank.

Digital: 1Gbs Fiber to house, then to endpoint > looks like copper from endpoint to router (all stock from ATT) > 3' Monoprice Cat 5e from router to wall > 15-20' Cat 5e run under house to audio room >  3' Supra 8+ from wall to EtherREGEN "A" side (ER has stock PS) > ER "B" side 3' Supra 8+ to Aurender N10.

System: TAD Evolution system: M2500 amp, C2000 pre/DAC, E-1 speakers.

Hello,

Maybe somebody has an experience or advice on this:

Is it possible to power the following 2 devices (using an Y cable) at the same time with a single SOtM sPS-500 power supply (9v)?

1st device: SOtM sMS-200 ultra (jumper is at 9V)
2nd device: Etherrregen Switch

Thank you very much in advance for your kind answer.
Regards,
Csaba