gstew

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Asus TBS/Volumio streamer > Mutec MC-3+ USB reclocker > LKS MH-DA004 DAC > Burson AB-160 XLR buffer > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. BG7TBL master clock. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators AudioQuest, Coherent & MCRU cables

https://theaudiostandard.net

• For all of you state side guys try Chris @ Vh Audio

https://www.vhaudio.com/search.html?ss360Query=fuses

Reality is somewhat stranger than fiction with audio, beware those bearing audio gifts, all that glitters is usually poor sounding equipment contained within over engineered and nice looking cases with an equally impressive price tag to match.

7 hours ago, MartinT said:

David Brook at MCRU

Thanks, but I just the confirmation: the promotion is USA only :(

I may get in on this deal. I only need two fused though so if anyone wants one,we can split the costs. PM me if interested.

I have a spare IFI iPower 9v sitting in a drawer. 

• Any chance it could harm my ER?
  • Do you think it could improve SQ vs the supplied Uptone unit?

I'm loving my standard power ER but interested to read these reports.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8--> microRendu 1.4 / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

2 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

I have a spare IFI iPower 9v sitting in a drawer. 

• Any chance it could harm my ER?

No harm. But if you have more than one 'A' side connection to your EtherREGEN, then use of that ungrounded, unshunted supply will make use of the EtherREGEN's desirable (see the User Guide).

2 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

Do you think it could improve SQ vs the supplied Uptone unit?

Not likely, but give it a go! B|

For those who think changes upstream of the ER won't make a difference.

I swapped out the Chinese 12V LPSU powering my TP-Link MR6400 4G router for a spare Paul Hynes LPSU based on the PR3iEHD I had lying around. I also swapped out the SR Red fuse for an SR Blue. It makes quite a difference in the immediacy and dynamic clout of some music, such as Jeff Beck's You Had It Coming album. Nice, and cost me nothing.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Asus TBS/Volumio streamer > Mutec MC-3+ USB reclocker > LKS MH-DA004 DAC > Burson AB-160 XLR buffer > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. BG7TBL master clock. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators AudioQuest, Coherent & MCRU cables

1 hour ago, MartinT said:

I also swapped out the SR Red fuse for an SR Blue. It makes quite a difference in the immediacy and dynamic clout of some music, such as Jeff Beck's You Had It Coming album. Nice, and cost me nothing.

I don't know, those fancy fuses are $125 and $160 each. That's not "nothing!"x-D

21 minutes ago, Superdad said:

I don't know, those fancy fuses are $125 and $160 each. That's not "nothing!"x-D

It is when it's a spare in the drawer!