IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

Three times the price of my current Finisar OEM SFP!  Do you I need a particular optical cable to go with those?

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

Well this is another thing to experience.  All the cables he had were the typical yellow ones purchased from Amazon.  Finally I was able to buy two Corning Clear Curve cables of 5m and 10m in the USA (it cost me more to transport than the cables) and this weekend I will test them, I don't know if they will make any difference.

Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Gryphon Essence Stereo / Rockport Atria I / Göbel XLR and RCA Cables / Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / Sablon Ethernet Cabe / MIT Magnum MA Sepeakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (3), Sigma NR V1(1) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Paul Hynes SR7T for Melco S-100 Pink Faun Upgraded / Farad Super3 for IPS Modem-Router / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

99A283DE-97A3-4894-972D-B20F6FE6FE81.jpeg

Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Gryphon Essence Stereo / Rockport Atria I / Göbel XLR and RCA Cables / Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / Sablon Ethernet Cabe / MIT Magnum MA Sepeakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (3), Sigma NR V1(1) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Paul Hynes SR7T for Melco S-100 Pink Faun Upgraded / Farad Super3 for IPS Modem-Router / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

1 minute ago, nonesup said:

Well this is another thing to experience.  All the cables he had were the typical yellow ones purchased from Amazon.  Finally I was able to buy two Corning Clear Curve cables of 5m and 10m in the USA (it cost me more to transport than the cables) and this weekend I will test them, I don't know if they will make any difference.

I'll be interested to know your impressions!

Thanks, guys.  Quick question: The pictured Finisar is the FTLF1318P2BTL, which is what Amazon sellers also depict in listings for the FTLF1318P3BTL.  Is that the same part or do I really want the FTLF1318P3BTL?

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

Also, do I have to deal with attenuators with these SFP's?

Auricgoldfinger can answer the first question with more knowledge than I, the second is no need to use attenuators

Francisco

47 minutes ago, Mike Rubin said:

Thanks, guys.  Quick question: The pictured Finisar is the FTLF1318P2BTL, which is what Amazon sellers also depict in listings for the FTLF1318P3BTL.  Is that the same part or do I really want the FTLF1318P3BTL?

This is what I bought:  https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/FTLF1318P3BTL/775-1082-ND/3507746?

Maybe it would be best to avoid Amazon sellers due to the uncertainty.

I don't use attenuators.

Thanks. I ordered from Amazon because I had a gift card balance, the price difference was significant, and I added a short singlemode cable to replace the multimodes that I have are ok understand here.  Ethernet cable purchase is on hold. :)

On 7/21/2020 at 7:26 PM, Vangelis said:

I’ve just added a Farad Super 3 to my EtherRegen. I’m shocked at the level of improvement. I was skeptical, but this power supply upgrade from the stock power supply to the Super made as much improvement as my recent DAC upgrade.  Space, texture, continuous and resolution all took a huge leap up. After few days, it has even fleshed out better. Now Qobuz streaming is closer to the sound of my files off my Hd. 

I have modest switch ahead of the EtherRegen that also provided improvement to the sound of my network. I was first thinking of adding an inexpensive linear supply to replace the cheesy power supply on this switch. Now after experiencing what the Farad Super 3 did for the EtherRegen,  I’m wondering if I would experience a similar improvement with a Farad on a switch.  

Thanks for sharing. What voltage are you using? Thank you. Jorge

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

On 7/19/2020 at 9:47 AM, BigAlMc said:

Dammit man, why would you go and give me that as a data point 😉

Pulled the trigger on the 2020 Sablon Pantela as well for the final mile: ER/B-Side > Innuos MK2 SE. Replacing a Ghent Belden 1303E (ET11A) CAT6A (JSSG360)

Already shipped by Mark and looking forward to listening to it

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase

9 minutes ago, FrankMA said:

Pulled the trigger on the 2020 Sablon Pantela as well for the final mile: ER/B-Side > Innuos MK2 SE. Replacing a Ghent Belden 1303E (ET11A) CAT6A (JSSG360)

Looking forward to your comparison. I just received the Ghent JSSG360 Linkway CAT8 cable and I feel it is an improvement over the CM CAT8 and Monoprice CAT8.

11 minutes ago, FrankMA said:

Nice choice.  You will be a happy camper!

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

54 minutes ago, FrankMA said:

Hey Frank,

Yeah, I'm seriously close to doing likewise. But pleased to report that my laziness is outgunning the nervosa for once 😁

Be interested to hear your impressions.

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

1 hour ago, FrankMA said:

Already shipped by Mark and looking forward to listening

I look forward to hearing how you find it. I prefer the standard Belden 1303E CatSnake with floating shield to the pre-2020 Sablon Panatela.

Thanks all. Will get back to you guys. Might be awhile since I'm going to give it 400-500 hours to give it a fair shot against my current. But will post impressions

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase

Since I built my system a couple years ago, I've had Monoprice Cat5e, Cable Matters 8, and Supra 8+. Surprisingly, the Monoprice is pretty good. After doing some research, I bought the Supra 8+ and didn't like it as much as the Monoprice. But once burned in, the Supra was a good bit better than the Monoprice. Then, based on the recommendation of several here, I bought the Cable Matters 8 and swapped it in for the Supra 8+. The Supra 8+ was much much better than the CM8. However, after about 1.5 months of burn in, the CM8 and Supra 8+ are pretty close. I still like the Supra 8+ the best, but it is pretty close. I think the Supra is just overall a bit more natural and being that I already own it and the CM8, I have the Supra 8+ on my server and the CM8 is now on my TV. BTW, I compared the Monoprice 5e to the Supra 8+ on the TV and there was not that much differnce in PQ, but in SQ, the Supra 8+ was much better on the TV. At $49 for the Supra, not a bad bet. But really, the CM8 is also near it and about three times less.

I plan to try the Ghent ET12 Linkway CAT8 40Gbps/2000MHz Ethernet(JSSG360) Cable next as many note it to be better than the CM8. Though I'm going to focus on an LPS for the ER and a better power strip to run it and the few computer items in the separate room where the ER resides, first.

@FrankMA - I agree, even network cable needs significant burn in. I've proven that twice with the CM8 and the Supra 8+.

Digital: 1Gbs Fiber to house, then to endpoint > looks like copper from endpoint to router (all stock from ATT) > Router to "A" side is Monoprice Cat 5e Monoprice > ER "B" side 3' Supra 8+ to wall (ER has SR4T LPS)  > 15-20' Cat 5e run to audio room > 3' Supra 8+ to Aurender N10.

System: TAD Evolution system: M2500 amp, C2000 pre/DAC, E-1 speakers. Aurender N10, ER, SR4T LPS.

4 hours ago, magnuska said:

Another good choice is from Designacable uk. https://www.designacable.com/audio-visual/cat-5-6-ethercon/premium-belden-1303e-catsnake-cat6a-ethernet-network-cable-flexible-s-ftp-76.html

Choose the floating variant in the drop down field.

I have compared to sablon pantela, Ghent JSSG and this cable is on par with the Ghent and almost as good as the Sablon. 

Interesting! What version of Sablon Panatela do you was used in this compare?

NUC7i7DNBE Akasa Plato fanless case(Windows 10 Pro bridged,LMS)>Cisco WS-C2960G-8TC-L> 2x Buffalo BS-GS2016>Buffalo BS-GS2008>Uptone EtherRegen>BG7TBL master clock>Sonore MicroRendu 1.4>Singxer F-1>Wyred 4 Sound Remedy>Lite DAC60>Schiit Audio Mjolnir 2>Hifiman HE1000

52 minutes ago, roman410 said:

Interesting! What version of Sablon Panatela do you was used in this compare?

I used the one before the latest 2020.

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

20 hours ago, soares said:

Thanks for sharing. What voltage are you using? Thank you. Jorge

I’m using the 7v

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Synergistic Research Switch>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos Pulsar> Sablon EVO USB cable>Innuos Phoenix>Sablon EVO USB cable>T+A DAC 2000 >Enleum AMP-23r>Audience SX speaker cables>Raidho X1t or HiFiMan HE-1000se headphones. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner.