IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

On 1/26/2020 at 10:38 PM, PYP said:

In the listening thread  @Nikko1960  wrote about a thread on Roonlabs forum:  I simply cannot believe the moronic exchanges I have had over here, as a result of trying to spread some good news. Unbelievable!  I post a review towards the end of this thread. 

Some of us have commented that our spouse/significant other, who doesn't care about equipment and would rather we not spend $$ on new stuff, have heard an improvement.  How would the more vitriolic voices on that thread explain that?  I understand the skepticism (and welcome it), but a pre-judgement that something cannot work just doesn't make sense to me.  

It is true I don't understand the mechanics of copper ethernet, and so want to ask those who do:  What is the purpose of the additional shielding for the newer cables (cat 8, for example) that carry more data?   Put another way:  If it is all just bits, why the additional shielding?

Which SOTM cable did you use ?

The dcbl cat 6 or dcbl cat 7 ?

PCserver Supermicro X11SAA under Daphile  ,Jcat pcie net card ,Etherregen,e-red dock endpoint,powered by LPS 1.2 , SPS 500 , Sean Jacobs level 3 psu,  DAC Audiomat Maestro 3, Nagra Classic Amp , Hattor passive preamplifier , Martin Logan montis

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2020 at 11:18 PM, Ponkbutler said:

The Sean Jacobs /Custom HiFi Cables custom power supply for my daisychained EtherRegens arrived yesterday and straight out of the box it has been a very big step up, with a much more organic out-of-the-speakers sound, greater bass extension and articulacy, clearer and sweeter trebles, a broader, deeper soundstage with more precise instrument placement and greater instrumental detail and integrity.  

I really wasn’t expecting such a big difference and am very excited in the knowledge it will just keep getting better for around a month. It’s incredible to think a power supply upgrade can make such big difference vs. the high quality SMPS bundled with the EtherRegen. It pretty much doubles the upgrade compared to the Cisco Catalyst PD models I was using beforehand and really shows the potential in Uptone’s desgn.

Which custom sean Jacobs did you get . A DC3 or DC4  ?

PCserver Supermicro X11SAA under Daphile  ,Jcat pcie net card ,Etherregen,e-red dock endpoint,powered by LPS 1.2 , SPS 500 , Sean Jacobs level 3 psu,  DAC Audiomat Maestro 3, Nagra Classic Amp , Hattor passive preamplifier , Martin Logan montis