IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

I finally got my Paul Hynes sr4t, one of the last ones to be sent out before the closure. I first tried it on the Sonore OM I have that was using a generic 5V switching psu, since I wanted to try if a linear power supply might be worth to have there. Maybe there was some difference but not that much. I didn't feel I had time to give it a proper testing since I was eager to test the SR4T+ ghent DC-7N16C Neotech cable in the Etherregen, so I put the Upton switching psu that I had been using in the ER in the OM and the SR4t in the ER. That made an immidiate and big difference, much more bass that is more defined, with a more dynamic sound and a general sense of calmness at the same time. Voice texture seems better too. Well worth the money even though it doubles the price of the whole thing.

I run Synology NAS --  Asus 87 router -- Sonore OM and fiber 15 m -- Etherregen with PH sr4t -- Allo digione signature with Sbooster psu -- Denfrips Hermes -- Denafrips Terminator (late 2020 version) -- Cary SLP 05 preamp -- Mcintosh 452 poweramp -- PBN Montana XP speakers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...