IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

52 minutes ago, dminches said:

Ik zag een paar berichten waarin mensen het hechten van een koellichaam aan de bovenkant van de ER bespraken. Hebben anderen dit geprobeerd en, zo ja, heeft het geleid tot een merkbare temperatuurdaling? Ik zie hier geen kwaad in en zal dat waarschijnlijk ook doen, tenzij het als een slechte zet wordt beschouwd.

why, if it’s not necessary ?

23 hours ago, KunterK said:

Degenen die SBooster gebruiken ...

Ik denk dat ze fantastische voedingen leveren (ik heb 5, 9, 19v-versies die laagspanningsmateriaal in het systeem voeden, inclusief Nucleus en Media Converters).

Probeer de polariteit van de wisselstroomkabel om te keren (dit is gemakkelijker als u in Europa bent. Sluit de stekker gewoon omgekeerd aan) 

En gebruik zeker een betere AC-kabel dan die bij de units wordt geleverd. Degenen die ik ontving, hadden zo slechte prestaties. 

Proost.

That's right, according to Sbooster the best result is to connect it according to this schedule.

I also use audioquest Z3 / monsoon for an even better result

62298177-8C5A-46AA-976B-5896F8C0A7A3.png

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Jud said:

After a few more days, did a comparison again. Now prefer the Cable Matters Cat 8. Both are good on the low end; the Cable Matters seems more open at the top. (Always thought it was, but the low end has come through more after some time in the system.)

Hi Jud,

Have you tested the supra cat8?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 5:01 AM, Jud said:

From fiber back to inexpensive copper:

I liked the sound with the Cable Matters Cat 8. But there was also something from the Monoprice Cat 6a cables, perhaps a bit of intimacy in the musical presentation, that I missed. So I thought that since the Monoprice Cat 8 cables are quite inexpensive, I'd give them a try to see if I might achieve the best of both worlds. With the Monoprice Cat 8 I immediately felt the sense of intimacy had returned, without the defect of the Cat 6a in comparison to the Cable Matters, which is that the Cable Matters had done such a nice job of presenting top end and voices. The Monoprice Cat 8 in my system does a very nice job of that.

Everything sounded so nice I thought I'd try to make it even better, so I did some experiments with moving power plugs around and bringing back an old MIT Z-1 into the system while I turned the volume up with no music and listened for noise at the speakers. When noise was at an absolute minimum I put the music back on, and I'm tremendously pleased.

Hi JUD,

very interesting, did you have tried the supra cat8? 

• 2 weeks later...

Following the positive reviews I bought the monoprice cat8 and now in use them for a week with very good results.

I also use DIY supra cat8 with the shield connected to only one side of my choice depending on where they are used.

The combination of the supra cat8 with the monoprice cat 8 in some places really gives 1 + 1 = 2.

The choice of connected shield or not is also easy to arrange with RJ45 cat6 inline couplers or cat6a shielded inline couplers.

just try it

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jud said:

By the way, I wanted to mention: I think the sound with the inexpensive Monoprice Cat 8 cable I am using is great, but I want to see if the Ghent will improve my impression of the sound at all. (I have Monoprice Cat 8 with shields tied between cable modem and router, and between ER and microRendu. Between router and ER I have Monoprice Slimrun Cat 6a with plastic connectors.)

yes, the monoprice cat8 is great and also in combination with the DIY supra cat8 with shielding connected on only one site.

Thanks for your advice for the monoprice cat8 @Jud

I have a S-BOOSTER BOTW P&P ECO MKII 12-13V for a few months in use on the ER and no problem at all and a better SQ.

About a month ago i installed a synergistic ORANGE FUSE in the S-Booster with unmistakable great SQ results. Burn in for at least two weeks for the best result.

• 7 months later...

To me, the farad sounds the best of all I've had here.

I have them with the furutech inlet and synergistic orange fuse and then it sounds best here with the level2 copper. But also with an audioquest monsoon powercable.

Of all the powersupply’s  I've had in the house, the order of which was best on the EtherRegen, was as follows:

ifi ipower> sbooster botw mk1> Sbooster botw MK2* > uptone SMPS* > Paul Hynes SR4T*> Farad super3.*

The Farad beats them all.

* = all tested with Audioquest Z2, monsoon and Blizzard powercables.

Monsoon was in my case the best sounding combo with the powersupply’s

6 minutes ago, pietka08 said:

Hello 
I am waiting in Poland for FaradSuper3 with the SilverLevel2 cable. There will also be a Furutech inlet and an orange fuse. Regards nonesup and Spain.
Johnnydev, write whether you compared SilverLevel2 with Copper level2 yourself, did you trust the opinions?

Yes i had them both voor weeks in the house, the level 2 copper and the silver.

my choice was for the copper, with the audioquest Monsoon as powercable

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Rsbrsvp said:

My small amount of experimentation results in lower voltages fed to etherregen equals meatier sound.  Higher voltage is brighter and more open.  The difference in sonics  from 7v to 12v is actually quite substantial.

I need to double. check this perception.

that is difficult to say so, because it also depends very much on which power supply you use, but also which powercable and DC cable is used!

• 2 weeks later...