IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little feedback about cablematters ethernet cables. I put 2 of them for the wifi leg of my system (separated normally from my audio streaming system which is ethernet not wifi).

I realized a little experience using exceptionnaly wifi 5ghz from my ubiquity unify AC Pro Access Point to stream audio (instead of streaming by ethernet). The AP is PoE and needs 2 ethernet cables one from the second Cisco switch (connected to main router on a specific separate from audio LAN)) and one to antenna. Big surprise was the vast improvment in SQ over standard no name ethernet cables. Quality may be better than ethernet even with ER but still burnin... and not yet optimized (PSU and its fuse, vibration control)

Thanks @Imitche for this recommendation.

• Superdad pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/6/2020 at 12:43 PM, sgr said:

I’ve implemented the Dual EtherREGEN setup. I believe it was worthwhile. Noise floor non existent. Great clarity. Images and soundstage expanded while being more precise. I’m not sure why one would buy a stack of Buffalo switches when two Etherregens look to be less expensive. 
But I’ve not heard a stack of switches yet. 

For users of double or triple stack of etherregens:

I am master clocking the last etherregen close to te streamer.

have you positive impact from masterclocking also the etherregens upstream?

ETHERREGENs and ENTREQ grounding boxes

two possibilities are offered:

- on A side, plugging an entreq eartha grounding cable on an unused RJ45 port connected to an Entreq ground box

- on B side, plugging an entreq eartha grounding cable connecting an Entreq grounding box

Any experience there to share?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...