IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

33 minutes ago, Jmart987 said:

Awesome, what voltage did you settle on?

Have you tried it with any other products in your arsenal? :D

7.5 V on the Hypsos LPS for the oR. (Had an SBooster mkII BOTW P&P ECO PSU for the oR earlier)

I use a Farad super 3 for the eR.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Superdad said:

So the short answer is, no, I have not personally attached any clock to my EtherREGEN.  

My problem with this answer is how you can make an estimate when you don't have listened to your EtherREGEN with an external clock.

That would be as stupid as if I would say that  EtherREGEN maybee would benefit 10% but I have not personally listened to EtherREGEN.

The EtherREGEN is an fantastic product as we all agree to. 

1 hour ago, Rsbrsvp said:

My dear friends,  this is a good question....  However it could be answered that Alex is basing his conclusion on feedback he has from others.

If that would be the case, it would mean that 9 of 10 that have tried EtherREGEN with an external clock did not hear any difference with the external clock. 🤨

16 minutes ago, Mops911 said:

Or that Ale trusts some  ears more  than others.

I agree, but in this matter it seems that Alex dosn't trust the ears of those persons that have tried the EtherREGEN with an external clock.

He centenly dosn't trust his own ears because he hasn't tried the EtherREGEN with an external clock.

20 minutes ago, Superdad said:

I trust my ears quite fully thank you. ¬¬

What I said was that I have been far too busy with the business (and other pressing family matters in my life) to take the time to audition the Cybershaft clock I have here (and it requires 15V input so I’ll need to solder a different voltage set resistor into one of my JS-2s).

But this whole thing of holding me to guesstimated benefit percentages seems a bit silly. There are about 2,300 EtherREGEN units in the field and the vast majority of them are being used without any external reference clock and with our stock PS.

Yet of course anyone is welcome to carry the piece further. If we did not want to permit such, we wouldn’t have built in provision for external clocking or power. 9_9

But you  guesstimated benefit percentages of 90% without an external LPS and clock. Should I not hold you accountable for what you guesstimated. How do you know that of the 2,300 EtherREGEN units in the field and the vast majority of them are being used without any external reference clock that the benefit of an external clock is only 10%. You don't even have tried an external clock yourself.

I can understand that you are very busy and don't have the time to try an external clock. But you do seem to have time to guesstimate.

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

I trust my ears quite fully thank you. ¬¬

What I said was that I have been far too busy with the business (and other pressing family matters in my life) to take the time to audition the Cybershaft clock I have here (and it requires 15V input so I’ll need to solder a different voltage set resistor into one of my JS-2s).

But this whole thing of holding me to guesstimated benefit percentages seems a bit silly. There are about 2,300 EtherREGEN units in the field and the vast majority of them are being used without any external reference clock and with our stock PS.

Yet of course anyone is welcome to carry the piece further. If we did not want to permit such, we wouldn’t have built in provision for external clocking or power. 9_9

I don't have any problem with guesstimate because that is what i did when I said that EtherREGEN with an external clock and LPS is 30% better.

But my guesstimate is based on that I use an external clock and LPS. Yours guesstimate is based on what???

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
31 minutes ago, PYP said:

Really useful information.  You mention that the Hypsos can utilize different voltages.  What voltage are you using with the etherREGEN?

Thanks.

I use Hypsos for my etherRegen and use the Hypsos preset for etherRegen - 9V DC

10 hours ago, PYP said:

Thanks.  

I'm assuming you tried 7V and 12V too.   Seems the Hypsos allows you to try these on the fly.  Is that correct?

No, I was satisfied with the sound with the 9V DC. The Hypsos have a voltage range of 5-30V with up to 6A. You can adjust the voltage down to a tenth of a volt. So I may try 9.1V DC to my etherRegen. 🙂

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, skatbelt said:

I posted this already in another thread but maybe interesting as a datapoint for some here as well: recently I switched from the Uptone JS-2 to a Ferrum Hypsos powering the EtherREGEN. Against my expectation, no small change! I have a very 'clean' EtherREGEN setup with only fiber on the A-side (coming from a Sonore opticalModule/LPS1.2 combo). The B-side is connected to a dCS Network Bridge. The Hypos is powered by a dedicated power line (as was the case with the JS-2). DC cable: Ferrum's own. With the JS-2 I was using a very short Ghent Gotham GAC-4/JSSG360 cable.

Just curious, what voltage did you set your Hypsos to for the etherRegen. I set mine to 10 volt.