IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

3 hours ago, Rsbrsvp said:

My friends,

We will read many reports that there are super switches like the  Innuos, or Jcat, or S100, etc.  Pretty much every report claims they are somewhat superior to the ER.  The most recent, quoted above says that even the ER with a good PS is not up to the Innous.

I believe however that this analysis is perhaps somewhat unfair.

Has a comparison of these super switches been made to a OM deluxe, and two ER's all with superb Power supplies?  Many confirmed reports claim adding an OM and another ER all with good PS's is a substantial upgrade to one ER with one good PS.

My three Teddy Pardo Power supplies along with OM, along with  two ER's (which I have not bought the second one yet) is approximately the cost of one Innous.  It is much cheaper than a Jcat switch.   For that comparison, to equalize the price ratio, I can add a great OXCO to both ER's and maybe even a third ER.

I do not know if my OM, double ER, triple Teddy Pardo will beat the Jcat or Innous, but until the comparison is made fair in terms of financial layout, it is meaningless to me.  Fair comparisons involve similar financial layout.  Obviously a Mercedes is better than a Ford.  It cost three times the price.  Lets be fair my friends...

By the way, as mentioned earlier, in my personal circumstances,  I already own a Mutec R10 se-120 which I have connected to multiple components in my system, so my super clock is already owned.  Why pay for another one?

I am not saying that you can’t have a better sound with the ER/ Lps and clock vs the Innuos.  But the cost will be similar and you will have a lot of boxes and running cables.  I can just report that the Innuos is better, for me, vs the ER/ high quality ps.  Perhaps if adding the Afterdark clock ( 800 dollars) with a ps , you can have the same level of sound.  But personally I didn’t want to have all these boxes and cables.   The Innuos fit in my audio rack elegantly.

I had the Teddy Pardo before. For me it’s on the level of the lps 1.2.  Not JS2, MCRU pinnacle or Sean Jacobs DC3.  If you want the level of the Innuos PhoenixNet, you will have to buy the ER, Sean Jacobs DC3 2 rails with mundorph capacitors, or Paul Hynes SR7, and the Afterdark, and a good quality power cord to the ps:  total cost :  at minimum the price of the Innuos.

For now there is very few streamers with optical out.  I know only the Lumin X1.   Personally I tried optical converters added to ethernet cables, as my streamer has only lan port, and was not convinced.  It gave a nicer sound, more open, but less immediate too. Timing was a bit affected I feel.

i can’t imagine having a chain of fiber, sonore optical modules, switch, several ps to power the chain....

A lot use that set up , but today I am so happy to have only one nice box in my rack and a sound that is better vs all the network gear I could have in the past.

8 minutes ago, Nikko1960 said:

I leave mine on 7x24.  Does no harm and sounds the best that way.  Have you tried an external clock with it yet?  I added the AfterDark special bundle & LPSU.  It's a significant upgrade!

I had the ER for 1 year, left on 24/24, without any issues.   I had a lot of air around it.

i wanted recently to buy the Afterdark, but it needs another ps too.  With a ps of the same quality as mine, the total cost of ER/MCRU / Afterdark / MCRU is even more expensive than the PhoenixNet.

i finally got the Innuos.