IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

• 9 months later...
5 hours ago, agladstone said:

Any thoughts on why I need to constantly turn off and turn back on (reboot) my eR? 
My Aurender which the eR is feeding tells me there is no IP and I need to reboot the eR almost every listening session to get my Aurender to register an IP address again? 
I leave my eR and Aurender powered on at all times. 
@Superdad 

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a bad Ethernet cable. Swapped out cable and no more connectivity issues. 

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, savjam said:

Sorry if this has been discussed before.  Is there any advantage of using the LPS-1.2 over the stock power supply with the EhterRegen?

My experience was that the Uptone LPS1.2 was worse than the stock power supply for EtherRegen. I suspect the 1.2 is just a tad underpowered for it. Suggest going to an LPS with at least 2A continuous (I use a Paul Hynes SR4T for this but I think Paul hynes is still out of business; Uptone JS-2 or Farad Super3 should be good options). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 10:43 AM, Superdad said:

When you tried it did you also then attach an Earth Ground wire to the Ground screw of the EtherREGEN—as per the instructions for when powering with a “floated” output supply?

Yet I agree that choice of PS for EtherREGEN is a matter of taste—and can be pretty subtle (as compared to PS significance for many other devices).
A really good external clock and fiber feed from the network are bigger upgrades in my experience with our switch. The power networks on the EtherREGEN are already pretty sophisticated. [Those 13 pieces of expensive LT3042/3045 regs get you something! 9_9]

I did not. Perhaps that was the problem.