IGNORED

The EtherREGEN thread for various network, cable, power experiences and experiments

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, emailists said:

What I did next was put the ER up on 3 cones with a TTweights 5 pound or so copper label weight from my turntable on top

Sorry if a question but can you elaborate on cones please?

So hypothesis seems to be vibration absorption coupled with a heavy weight?

You have my attention as mine is floating behind my rack, suspended by cable tension 🤔

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

8 hours ago, JohnSwenson said:

There you go, far more than you ever wanted to know about thermal flow and electronics.

Agreed. Far more than I ever wanted to know about thermal flow!

But thanks all the same John and happy new year to you. 

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

• Superdad pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2020 at 11:14 AM, FrankMA said:

Darko door stop

I'd missed this one. Love it. Ordered from Mr Bezos.

Dammit Frank, will you stop costing me money!! 😄

Cheers,

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Superdad said:

And 24V will blow up your EtherREGEN.  Just sayin'... :P

Sorry for replying to frivolity with a serious question..... but.......

Voltage range is pretty important but amperage represents available power and it depends on what the device tries to pull. Therefore amps isn't a concern but too many volts is. That's my understanding anyway.

Anyway, my question. I moved my ER & LPS-1.2 onto nice Ikea bamboo the other day. But both were really hot! Like need to be very quick moving them or grab oven gloves as painful to touch hot. So (and no disrespect intended @kennyb123) but is 12V the problem here?? Would 7V involve less fingertip burning?

Or does 12V mean better SQ and we need Ikea to make the bamboo boards more heat resistant??

Cheers,

Alan

The oM thread says it runs hot at 9v but less so at 7v. Ergo the ER is the same, Joke*

Just wondering if pushing the LPS-1.2 and ER to 12V raises the heat profile.

• 2 weeks later...

I recall reading a note recommending not using LAN cables with metal connectors on the ER and from memory it was specific to one side.

Can someone with a better memory than mine please remind me or point me towards this advice?

There's three potential threads and search hasn't helped.

Specifically I'm wondering about Fibre into SFP and the Sablon LAN out of the B side. Is the metal connector on the Sablon a concern here?

Cheers,

Alan

A6508435-1024x683.jpg

Thanks @R1200CL & @Ponkbutler

Appreciated.

Cheers,

Alan

13 hours ago, roman410 said:

Hi

I am very happy with my  Sablon Panatela Lan cables. Sure it is not cheap but for me worth every penny. I have two in my network the 2020 last model between EtherRegen and MicroRendu, and original version between buffalo switch and EtherRegen. Higli recommending!

Yeah Mark's cables are definitely not cheap and the fact he prices in USD makes them feel more expensive in the UK due to the terrible USD/GBP exchange rate.

But they are terrific and sound lovely.

I have the original LAN but am considering upgrading to the 2020. That's the reason I posted my question here.

Cheers,

Alan

50 minutes ago, roman410 said:

In my case the delta different  between original version of Sablon Lan and 2020 version was bigger like different between my  previous favorite no name cat 6a with JSSG treatment and original Sablon.

Roman

Dammit man, why would you go and give me that as a data point 😉

54 minutes ago, FrankMA said:

Pulled the trigger on the 2020 Sablon Pantela as well for the final mile: ER/B-Side > Innuos MK2 SE. Replacing a Ghent Belden 1303E (ET11A) CAT6A (JSSG360)

Already shipped by Mark and looking forward to listening to it

Hey Frank,

Yeah, I'm seriously close to doing likewise. But pleased to report that my laziness is outgunning the nervosa for once 😁

Be interested to hear your impressions.

Cheers,

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, MarkusBarkus said:

Thanks Markus,

And OT as it might be does anyone know if the UK dealers are honouring the 3 for 2?

Cheers,

Aland

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, vgrubb said:

I'm considering getting a Sonore OM and using Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs. Just wanted to confirm the Finisars are compatible with the OM and ER. Or is there a better choice?

Hi @vgrubb

Yup, they are compatible, I have these Finisars and bought them to go with my OM & ER. 

Cheers,

Alan

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, chungjh said:

Can someone recommend a more modestly priced high quality ethernet cable for ER? ASR mentioned Sablon for $375. Any others?

+1 on the Sablon

I have the Sablon USB and LAN cables and they are very nice. I'm not even considering any other cables as these are just so good.

Cheers,

Alan